New light manufactured by TRit21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So Tom and I are pretty good friends... we share lunch from time to time, have similer diving philosphies, and even though he is short and can't keep up, I still let him hang with me. wink Oh yeah, he is a surprisingly resourceful individual to boot.

However, when he asked me to take a look at his new light he made, I was completely ready for non-square edges and lots of JB-Weld holding it all together. That's not what I got to see. What a marvel of simplicity and campactness his light is. All the parts were machined on a CNC mill (he designs and builds stuff for a living). It made my Dive Rite Wreck Light look clunky and burdensome. The 10W HID was as bright as any, and I believe he said the burn time will be close to four hours. I never thought I would own a -second- HID, but this one is far, far sexier and lighter than any other I have seen. It would be perfect for traveling and I have asked him to build me one.

Hopefully, we can get Tom to post a pic of this, although he says he still has some work to do, like anodize the light head. He is having a rough time coming up with a name for it... I think the "Light Sabre" fit's it perfectly. Or maybe he could call it TRCHLTILAWG! (The Really Cool HID Light That is Lite and Works Great).

Ok, its totally unfair to post something like this without pictures or prices! :)

Ok, ok. I am working on pics for it right now, ok, not right now since right now I am responding to this thread. I will have pics up soon, how soon, by tomorrow.

Pete is correct, 10W HID light with a burn time of 4.5 hrs.

Pics coming soon, stay tuned......

Well, that might be a cool name and I will think about that one. Anyways, here is one pic for everyone to take a look at for tonight. I will be taking many more and posting them for all to see. I do need to get the light head anodized and a few other minor details worked on (like naming it , mounting it, etc.) and making the manual for operation, almost done with that.

Like said before, it is a 10w HID light, 4.5 AH NiMH rechargable battery, and a small for factor perfect for traveling.

Price on the light is going to be set at $500. But for the first 10 ordered I am giving you a $50 discount, price will be $450. Comes with light as shown and a wall charger. There will be options such as goodman handles and all that good stuff in the near future so stay tuned. Thanks for the interest and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Very nice setup, what kind of lead time are you looking at and what is teh tme frame onthe Goodman handles? Very nice job!

Lead time right now is 4-6 weeks and the goodman handles shouldn't be much longer than that actually, maybe another week. This thread was a little early (thanks NetDoc) as I wanted to have everything completed which would bring the lead time down a little. But since it was brought up, 4-6 weeks for production time right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom