New light manufactured by TRit21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This one is not... but I am not sure that the additional complexity in design is worth it. Very bright and very white.

I'd have to see it "in action" to know....

The focusing feature is EXTREMELY useful on the cannister lights that I've used (and the one I own now) for signalling purposes.

I understood all of his signals... but we were close! However, my focused beam hit him in the face once, and he felt the effects of that. I would say that it's a two edged sword.

Ditto on the focusing of the head - if it's going to be useful as a communications tool, it either needs to be focusable, or have a really tight beam.

What is the battery configuration? Looks like a fairly long canister for 4500mAH (mAh, mah, whichever).

The battery canister is just at 10" long and just over 2" in diameter. The battery is a 10 cell NiMH battery.

This particular light has a 13 degree beam while a 8 degree beam is also available.

Pretty sweet rig. Would definately want the focusable head. Price is very right as well. Nice job.

Yeah - focusable is the way to go. I've seen 13 degree beams in Open Water - they disappear after a few feet in the water. You need as tight a beam as possible in order to provide signaling capability or the light is pretty much useless.

To pick a nit.

Can you bend the handles of the latches down to reduce the chances of them catching on something?

Nice looking light otherwise.

I agree Michael,
and fortunately the other latches are just as available for him. He can buy them pre-bent. I wonder if he can come up with a focusable design.

I always have my beam focused as tight as it goes so the 8 deg is good enough for me. I don't trust any latches so I put som inner tube over them before the dive and it hides them away so they don't get snaged and don't give any suprise openings.

J

Back
Top Bottom