New kit for monterey...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for the replies guys... even those off topic- its good getting some humour in..

So i got a full gear purchase (- BCD: want to wait until i try a few first) through ScubaToys... so excited. Should hopefully be here friday...

I was supposed to be doing my drysuit course this weekend, but work comitments forced me to miss the classroom, so im out... i have 3 dives in my dry suit, have had 9 dives since i was official (but 35-40 in total- most about 6-7 years ago)... and am used to diving West Coast Scotland and southern England in a 7mil wetsuit.

Anyways... i was hoping if anyone near to Mountain View (i have no wheels, unfortunately) was heading out to Monterey in 2 weekends time? Someone who wouldnt mind showing a relative newbie the ropes, and someone who doesnt mind a total drysuit newbie (other than the 3- but im not certified yet). How about i pay for gas and munchies, and promise not to send you to the chamber...im just dying to get back in the water and want to try out my new kit...

Cheers

np251:
thanks for the replies guys... even those off topic- its good getting some humour in..

So i got a full gear purchase (- BCD: want to wait until i try a few first) through ScubaToys... so excited. Should hopefully be here friday...

I was supposed to be doing my drysuit course this weekend, but work comitments forced me to miss the classroom, so im out... i have 3 dives in my dry suit, have had 9 dives since i was official (but 35-40 in total- most about 6-7 years ago)... and am used to diving West Coast Scotland and southern England in a 7mil wetsuit.

Anyways... i was hoping if anyone near to Mountain View (i have no wheels, unfortunately) was heading out to Monterey in 2 weekends time? Someone who wouldnt mind showing a relative newbie the ropes, and someone who doesnt mind a total drysuit newbie (other than the 3- but im not certified yet). How about i pay for gas and munchies, and promise not to send you to the chamber...im just dying to get back in the water and want to try out my new kit...

Cheers

So have you made it out yet? I'm interested in hearing how our Kelp compares to the kelp on the other side of the pond.

save up for the abyss regulator. its a very high performing regulator

Hi

Nope, havent made it out yet. Work committments. Ill be in Breakwater on Labour Day, finalising my drysuit cert. Then im back for 3-4 fun dives on the 16th. Cant wait.

Im looking to get to Monterey couple weekends a month after that- anyone trade a ride from the Peninsula area for gas money, fills and lunch? Im in Mountain View...

And yeah, i cant wait to get wet to make the comparison with the kelp... our stuff gets kinda thick, but the biggest ive seen is only around 15feet or so... baby stuff compared to the kelp here...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom