New in Baltimore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

samoneta

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi! I'm a new diver from Baltimore, MD. My boyfriend and I just got certified at Diver's Den in October 2017 (great trainers). We only have 12 dives so far. We'll probably be doing some quarry dives in the nice weather in MD, PA and VA to improve our skills. Hope to see y'all in the water soon!

Question: We just got back from the Bahamas, and during our trip I had a hard time quickly differentiating my dive buddy from all the other divers. Does anyone have any tips on making oneself easily identifiable in a group?

Thanks!

Welcome! My buddies and I do a lot of diving in the DC, VA, MD neighborhood. It is always a pleasure to meet new divers.

As for your buddy identification dilemma, when I jump in with my buddy I try to identify a visual feature that would stand out such as Orange Eddy fins! Scubapro jet fins etc. I use fins as one of the things I will make a note of because they are more noticeable than most things like say regulator or mask and it is rare to have two people on the dive boat with exactly the same fins.

See if that helps :)

howdy and welcome from southeast florida...i use fin identification also as stated above but some use bc's / wetsuit colors.

Welcome from NS. When I was assisting courses I wore a coloured wrist band (yellow & blue) to be identified. There was a coil hanging off it. Don't really know if it worked. Of course the dives were only to 20', so the colors were still noticeable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom