New ICON Compressor from Coltri

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SurfLung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
New ICON Compressor from Coltri
- I get the Coltri newsletter in Italian so I usually just look at the pictures. This time it showed a new compressor monoblock that is going into the ICON compressors, "formerly MCH-6". Ooh that part intrigued me... They're replacing the MCH-6? I better read on. So I clicked the link, went to the website, then changed to English, and got to read up on this exciting new compressor for sport divers!
Icon02.jpg

- This front side looks very similar to the MCH-6 and I put it here so you'll recognize that aspect of it.
Icon01.jpg

On the back side you can pick out the upgrades, changes, improvements, etc.

First is the new compressor monoblock (crankcase). It's die cast and precision machined from aluminum for lightness and strength. It features improved oil handling (filling and draining), larger oil reservoir, a dipstick, and a oil level viewing window. This new monoblock is lighter than the old MCH-6 crankcase. And combined with a new lighter weight motor, the new ICON weighs only 83 lbs.
03-Nuovo-monoblocco-MCH-6.jpg

They also added a new filter/condenser tower stabilizing bracket that helps reduce vibration and adds strength.
06-Staffe-Inox.jpg

Coltri also has a new synthetic ST-755 compressor oil that's up to 8x longer lasting. With its cleaning power, its superior oxidation resistance and extraordinary thermal stability will keep the compressor parts cleaner.

Here's a link for more info: Coltri News

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Thank you. Appreciated very much.

jlcnuke

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
All of that and they still didn't give it a better size filter? Unfortunate, but I guess some improvement is better than none. (yes I'm still happy with mine, but I do wish I had a filter that lasted much longer than it does).

Julius SCHMIDT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This is exciting, best to all.

We have a filter repacking morning where I live, the music is playing, liquid free flowing
line up four or six filters and pack and sing and dance the morning away, eases the pain

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Top Bottom