New harness Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard you could die if you didn't have the grommet.
Tobin,

are you trying to kill us?

:D

Hmm i have a DSS rig and a 1 piece HOG harness and don't recall seeing any holes or grommets anywhere on it. What types of harness systems is this used for and what purpose does it serve? Im just curious thats all, but i've never seen holes/grommets put into a single piece harness except for 1 or 2 people who fastened knives to the harness.

Hmm i have a DSS rig and a 1 piece HOG harness and don't recall seeing any holes or grommets anywhere on it. What types of harness systems is this used for and what purpose does it serve? Im just curious thats all, but i've never seen holes/grommets put into a single piece harness except for 1 or 2 people who fastened knives to the harness.

That's because the DSS plate was designed so there's no need to put a hole in the harness.

Typically the harness webbing passes horizontally across the near the top of the plate on the "tank" side, from one of the ~45 degree slots to the other.

We moved the these 45 degree slots down a bit, and the tank mounting holes up a bit so the webbing would not cover the hole.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom