New harness Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

r2t

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm setting up a warm water backplate. I bought some plain webbing and it doesn't have the hole with grommet. Do I just melt a hole for the bolt to go through? Do I need to put a grommet on?

Thanks Ron

Soldering iron, hole, done.

I'm setting up a warm water backplate. I bought some plain webbing and it doesn't have the hole with grommet. Do I just melt a hole for the bolt to go through? Do I need to put a grommet on?

Thanks Ron

The grommet is utterly unnecessary, in fact it adds to the stack height and can be a source of wobble it using a STA.

Once the webbing is laced to the plate you could cut the webbing in two at the "grommet" location and King Kong couldn't pull the harness off the back plate.

The webbing make **4** ninety degree turns on each side of the grommet before it leaves the top of the back plate.

As others have said just burn a hole and be done with it.

Tobin

if you want a cleaner hole than a soldering iron will make take a piece of 1/2 inch metal tubing heat one end with a propane torch and press the hot end to the desired spot. nice clean round hole with melted edges

if you want a cleaner hole than a soldering iron will make take a piece of 1/2 inch metal tubing heat one end with a propane torch and press the hot end to the desired spot. nice clean round hole with melted edges

Or an empty brass shell casing of appropriate caliber.....

Tobin

How'd you know I used a .50cal shell?

I didn't, just made an EWAG.

BMG? Been sighting in your Barrett?

In some parts of the country you only need check the floorboards of almost any pickup truck to find an assortment of sizes. :wink:

Tobin

(just noticed your location, are you the last gun owner in MA?)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom