Backplate hole not aligned with harness - Bad design or bad user?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pyndle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

I'm building my first setup and I am struggling with the harness assembly. Don't know if that's normal or if my backplate is poorly designed.

Basically when the harness is in place, the hole in the harness doesn't align at all with one of the 3 holes on the top of the backplate (it sits slightly below the 3rd lowest hole - if the BP had 4 holes it would line up perfectly).

signal-2023-07-21-111208_003.jpeg

This means I have to push the harness further up to make it fit the hole.

signal-2023-07-21-111208_002.jpeg

Is this normal? Am I messing something up?

Thanks!

Mine is the same way. I know it isn't normal, but I have had no issue with it at all

Don't worry about it. You don't need to bolt the harness. I don't even use grommets on mine.

The eyelet keeps the harness slightly away from sitting flat on to the backpack. Metal eyelet on metal backplate reduces friction and becomes "less" stable.

Mine sits already far from the plate, I don't know if it's because it's new so the harness is very stiff or if it's because the inclination of by BP holes is wrong ?
signal-2023-07-21-164818.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom