On the difference between Single Tank Adapter Designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you using lock nuts under the wing nuts? I assemble my gear at the beginning of a week long liveaboard trip and rarely have to tighten the nuts after that.

No! This could be it? I think a long time ago it came with washers and the wing nuts and I have simply went on to just use those. It is only this year that I have begun to notice the sideways roll.

No! This could be it? I think a long time ago it came with washers and the wing nuts and I have simply went on to just use those. It is only this year that I have begun to notice the sideways roll.
I meant to say lock washers.

Mine are basically standard washers + wing nuts, something like this.

I would add SS lock washers between the flat washers and wing nuts you have.

221000551859_20201112121127 copy.jpg

I put a wrench on the wing nuts and tighten them so they don’t loosen.

Never heard of a wing getting a pinch flat. Has anybody ever had this happen?

Yes. It showed up in a cave class in Mexico. We patched the small leak withe some duct tape and I replaced the bladder when I got home.

Not sure such a wing exists.

Man you may be horrified by where and the way I dive my gear, pinch flats are never included

as do not buy gear that may be susceptible to pinch flats don't set your gear up for pinch flats
do not throw your gear around for pinch flats, inflate your wing, as a buffer against pinch flats
be spatially aware, when picking up, or placing your gear, with deliberate vigour not fumbling
for pinch flats
and other stuff

A work of art. Deserves a place at the Tate modern.

Man I was looking more at a Smithsonian but yeah great we'll have to speak with Eric The Man Sedletsky

Back
Top Bottom