New Guidelines In Turks - Sept 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Just got this from Dive Provo. Figured I'd pass it along..

The TCI Government is imposing new entry requirements effective 1 September 2021.

Preliminary details from the Ministry of Health are as follows:

• All visitors, aged 16 years of age and above, must be "fully vaccinated". Fully vaccinated means that the person has received 2 doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine and 14 days has elapsed since the second dose. The Ministry of Health has not published a list of approved vaccines.
  • Visitors who test positive during their stay are required to quarantine, at their expense, for 10 days, and receive a negative COVID-19 test prior to release.
  • All visitors, regardless of vaccination status, will still be required to take a negative COVID-19 test no more than 3 days prior to arrival in the islands.

Details of the new policy have not been published by the Ministry of Health. Once details have been published, updated information will be published on our website.

For the most up-to-date information, please visit https://www.visittci.com/travel-info/tci-assured or contact us at one of the numbers listed below.

The problem with item 2 is that people who are infected commonly can be positive for Covid for many more days than just 10. Hence the CDC recommendations for quarantine for 10 days or until 2 days after resolution of symptoms, whichever is longer, without the requirement of a negative test. We learned the hard way during the first surge that we had some nursing home patients that were test positive, recovered from illness, and felt to be clinically noninfectious stuck inside the hospital for a couple of months because there was no nursing facility that would accept them without a negative test. That’s why people who are recovered from Covid can be exempted from a negative Covid test for entry into the US with a physician attestation that they are such a recovered patient for 90 days after infection. I hope everybody can afford the unlikely contingent of an extra 3 months in Turks in a quarantine facility.

This was just updated and is actually kind of problematic for some US folks. I know my only proof of vaccination is the handwritten card they handed me the day I got the shot.

We just received an update from the Turks & Caicos Ministry of Health with the details about the
proof of vaccination requirements that go into effect for all arrivals beginning September 1, 2021.

Most important is the definition of what can be considered as the proof of vaccination documents, which need to be uploaded to the TCI Assured portal as part of the pre-arrival authorization process.

Proof of vaccination must be either:

• A vaccination letter signed by a medical professional (physician or registered nurse-license number)
  • One printed from an electronic vaccination database.
  • Original Handwritten vaccination cards will not be accepted.

Several countries offer digital proof of vaccination, however, there is no federal digital solution in the United States as of yet.

One suggestion is to contact your vaccine provider. If you were immunized against Covid-19 at a pharmacy or grocery store participating in the retail pharmacy program (CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, etc), you may be able to access the electronic version of your records through the brand’s website.

Another suggestion is to look at what is happening at your state level. New York, Hawaii, Arizona, District of Columbia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Dakota, Washington, and West Virginia apparently offer apps to obtain digital proof.

This is a total CF.

It's difficult to locate such a document. The US is simply not making Vaccination Verification easy.

In NJ, we have Docket which communicates with the state database. But some travelers have not been able to locate their records. CT, SC, VA, NC even more difficult. I'm not sure which MD or RN is willing to sign a letter attesting to the patient's veracity. That's broken chain of command and could open a doctor to major liability. TCI did not really think this out well before releasing conditions. Ditto for their insurance requirements. This smells really bad.

And I was vaccinated via Florida DOH, which is doing everything they can to NOT play nice with vaccine registries.

Illinois just launched a vaccine verification website.

Another option might be to look at the electronic health records your doctor or hospital group might offer via a patient portal. Mine shows both vaccine does and dates administered.

It feels like more and more countries are requiring this for entry - the Cayman Islands have said it is a conditioning of them opening. At some point I think the states or feds will need to get their act together.

Not so fast. Looks like they’re rethinking the verified vaccine requirement. Let’s see…

4f6bf37d-e60e-4574-bef4-1effee4b04f4.png

Retraction of Updated TCI Assured Travel Requirements Statement

10d0ee87-0133-4e09-a7bb-94847c392d6a.png

Dear valued partners,

The Turks and Caicos Tourist Board is retracting the 'Turks and Caicos Islands Updates TCI Assured Travel Requirements' statement that was sent on the 14th August, 2021.

The Turks and Caicos government is currently reviewing the newly announced protocols and entry requirements and we will update you on the new measures shortly.

Once available all updated protocols and TCI Assured Pre-Travel Authorization requirements will be found on our website https://turksandcaicostourism.com/tci-assured-faqs/.

Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Visit our website

Connect with us:

facebook-visit-default-circle.png
twitter-visit-default-circle.png
instagram-visit-default-circle.png

lol.. maybe they read our concerns.

Back
Top Bottom