New Guidelines In Turks - Sept 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol.. maybe they read our concerns.

Or maybe their hotels announced a huge wave of reservation cancellations. I know of at least three people that do group travel arrangements that have cancelled reservations for multiple groups of 20+ since these were announced. They have mostly rebooked to Jamaica. None were dive travel groups, but if what I see from their small sample size is happening to the resorts and hotels en masse, there is a good chance they are letting the government know about it.

Turks and Caicos Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update | Visit Turks and Caicos Islands

Update 19 August 2021: The Government has announced that paper vaccination records will be accepted (along with additional vaccine types). Read below for details.

Proof of Vaccination
Proof of vaccination is either a digital or paper record uploaded to the TCI Assured Portal.

Glad they changed it. I just finished booking my trip today for the end of Sept. This will make it much easier. Though I did have access to a digital record.

Turks and Caicos Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update | Visit Turks and Caicos Islands

Update 19 August 2021: The Government has announced that paper vaccination records will be accepted (along with additional vaccine types). Read below for details.

Proof of Vaccination
Proof of vaccination is either a digital or paper record uploaded to the TCI Assured Portal.

Glad they changed it. I just finished booking my trip today for the end of Sept. This will make it much easier. Though I did have access to a digital record.

I presume this means that the CDC cards are acceptable?

I presume this means that the CDC cards are acceptable?

They removed all the additional specifics that used to be in the "Proof of Vaccination" section, such as hand-written cards are not accepted. So, I would say yes.

They removed all the additional specifics that used to be in the "Proof of Vaccination" section, such as hand-written cards are not accepted. So, I would say yes.

Thanks. I called them today. Language was specifically constructed for CDC card.

This was just updated and is actually kind of problematic for some US folks. I know my only proof of vaccination is the handwritten card they handed me the day I got the shot.

We just received an update from the Turks & Caicos Ministry of Health with the details about the
proof of vaccination requirements that go into effect for all arrivals beginning September 1, 2021.

Most important is the definition of what can be considered as the proof of vaccination documents, which need to be uploaded to the TCI Assured portal as part of the pre-arrival authorization process.

Proof of vaccination must be either:

• A vaccination letter signed by a medical professional (physician or registered nurse-license number)
  • One printed from an electronic vaccination database.
  • Original Handwritten vaccination cards will not be accepted.

Several countries offer digital proof of vaccination, however, there is no federal digital solution in the United States as of yet.

One suggestion is to contact your vaccine provider. If you were immunized against Covid-19 at a pharmacy or grocery store participating in the retail pharmacy program (CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, etc), you may be able to access the electronic version of your records through the brand’s website.

Another suggestion is to look at what is happening at your state level. New York, Hawaii, Arizona, District of Columbia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Dakota, Washington, and West Virginia apparently offer apps to obtain digital proof.

I just discovered this today and am requesting records through my state's vaccine database, which our Governor made impossible for civilians to access as of last month. :(

I need to figure out a vaccination template letter and have one of my colleagues sign that as a backup. (Might even be able to get something through HR or employee health since I got vaccinated through work.)

I just discovered this today and am requesting records through my state's vaccine database, which our Governor made impossible for civilians to access as of last month. :(

I need to figure out a vaccination template letter and have one of my colleagues sign that as a backup. (Might even be able to get something through HR or employee health since I got vaccinated through work.)

Do you have the original vaccine card? They reversed course are being accepted now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom