Vaccine+booster or just vaccinated to avoid testing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cageybob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
(Without getting into a whole vax pro/con discussion,) Finding conflicting information (or no mention) online. Understand, if you are unvaccinated, you will need a negative test to enter the Philippines. What about fully vaccinated and no booster? Only place that mentions this is the Embassy site and says no testing required if vax'd + booster. Most other sites just say fully vax'd and no mention of boosters. Is a booster required to avoid the testing requirement?

Just play with it.

I have been to Philippines couple of times recently and no one bothered to check it.

New boosters are coming out over the next week or two. Just get an updated and better targeted new shot and don't worry about it. You will be good to go world wide.

There is no international standard (i.e. ICVP), so when traveling just decide before hand how to answer. I am sympathetic to the many ways people deal with their personal status. If you have an adequate answer, that is sufficient. My personal answer - and I have my own reasons for being vaccinated -- I can show the CDC card with 5 doses from 3 different manufacturers, and will add the XBB1.5 vaccine before my next LOB trip in December. NOTE: I don't get vaccinated because of travel, I have other reasons for taking this action. It's a personal decision, and it's in all likelihood not something most folks would find appropriate.

I thought on August 16, all Covid travel restrictions were lifted. No need to be vaccinated and no testing. Did I read the announcement wrong? Don’t care for me cause I’ve tons of jabs, but received a notice from the dive resort we’re going to in March about the announcement.

I'm pretty sure this is correct, there are no longer any requirements regrading COVID vaccines as of August 2023. Previously you needed to have your primary shots + 1 booster, or a negative PCR.

Nothing required when I went there four weeks ago.

(Without getting into a whole vax pro/con discussion,) Finding conflicting information (or no mention) online. Understand, if you are unvaccinated, you will need a negative test to enter the Philippines. What about fully vaccinated and no booster? Only place that mentions this is the Embassy site and says no testing required if vax'd + booster. Most other sites just say fully vax'd and no mention of boosters. Is a booster required to avoid the testing requirement?
Arrived in Philippines August 31. No vaccine questions or requirements of any kind.

Back
Top Bottom