New Garmin MK2i T1 problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Conservatism was set to default - high…
At whatever the conservatism is set to I wouldn't think would add additional NDL warnings.

Maybe something has changed, but I do not see any notes on the updates.

Did you run it at medium or low and only get one?

At whatever the conservatism is set to I wouldn't think would add additional NDL warnings.

I haven’t tried but I will. Thanks

Tried conservatism set to low this morning, received two warnings, one at 10 min and another at 5 min.

Cool. Thanks:)
Now I wonder if I missed a 5 minute alert or if it was in an update. Usually the alerts are quite noticeable.

I just checked the online manual and it still states under Alerts-
Approaching NDL- You are at 80% of your tissue load.

So looks like that needs to be updated.

Wonder if it has changed on the mk1 as well.

Wonder if it has changed on the mk1 as well.
Nope. Mk1 hasn't had an update in over a year. Garmin no longer care about it - not that they care all that much before.

The manual indicates the TTS - Time to surface (TTS): The estimated amount of time it will take to ascend to the surface, including decompression and safety stops. My TTS seem to exclude safety stops.

1634487000829.jpeg

Do you have the same issue with the TTS timer?

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t using TTS during our last trip. I’m not sure why the watch wouldn’t include a safety stop. We are going to be in Guadalupe island in a few days and I’ll be in the submersible cage using the watch. I’ll try and keep these things in mind, even though it’s nothing like a real dive profile.

I’d be curious what garmin says.

Seth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom