New Garmin MK2i T1 problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I checked in on this tonight and my T1 was spot on with my spg. We did an hour in the pool and if there was deviation it was virtually nothing.

My wife dives the MK2i with an spg and she had the same data. FWIW…

Seth

Almost ready to go. Schrader valve should be in today. One cool thing I learned is if I tap on the housing I can change the screens. :)

1634221430902.jpeg

I first tested the transmitter and SPG for each reg on different tanks with different pressures to compare each transmitter to the SPG on the same regs. Note that these are analog SPGs and so precision is not high due to the potential for parallax errors, etc. All values are in Bar:
1 bar at pressure is quite solid on the PPS as well as 1 to 6 bar on the analogs. I'm not so sure I could read such a resolution on those analog's! But that is pretty close to what I have seen with a PPS and a T1.

However they still have a range for full scale accuracy, so it is what it is. Wonder how many people look at their gauge and really think that they have exactly what pressure that it states vs knowing that it is within a range that it can fall in.

Almost ready to go. Schrader valve should be in today. One cool thing I learned is if I tap on the housing I can change the screens. :)

View attachment 686596
Cool!

Parts came in, will set up video tomorrow. Unfortunately you lose the transmitter radio signal between five and 10 feet. I saw approaching NDL alert at 10 minutes. Ascended to NDL more than 70 min, the descended again passed 10 min no alert but did see one at 5 min. Also I think the ascending to fast alert doesn’t stay on the screen long enough to see it once it vibrates.

1634261994198.jpeg

I saw approaching NDL alert at 10 minutes. Ascended to NDL more than 70 min, the descended again passed 10 min no alert but did see one at 5 min.
Maybe they've "fixed" this in the Mk2. For the Mk1 it only ever appears once and is related to 80% tissue saturation.

Parts came in, will set up video tomorrow. Unfortunately you lose the transmitter radio signal between five and 10 feet. I saw approaching NDL alert at 10 minutes. Ascended to NDL more than 70 min, the descended again passed 10 min no alert but did see one at 5 min. Also I think the ascending to fast alert doesn’t stay on the screen long enough to see it once it vibrates.

View attachment 686659
I see that you are using a water filter container for your pressure tank. Pretty good idea:wink:. Most are pressure rated to 125 psi and many like that one have a pressure release built in.

On the ascent alarm-
It's just a quick alarm and goes away so it can come on again if you again exceed the set threshold. If you constantly rise too fast it should continue to alert you.

Maybe they've "fixed" this in the Mk2. For the Mk1 it only ever appears once and is related to 80% tissue saturation.
It is still related to 80% tissue load.

Interesting. A bit back I had a single warning and started going up under 5. I wonder if an update gave it a multiple calls.

Back
Top Bottom