Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow....all I can say is WOW!

After a month of diving twinset with the XTs, I decided to dive my single tank rig while out on a boat dive. I also opted to take my Zeagle Recons and booties to see how they feel after the past month in rock boots and the XTs. I thought it would be cool to have a simpler grouping of kit for single tank dives.

Unbelievable. The Zeagle Recon fins felt like total mush. At the first kick on the descent, I already felt like I was overkicking them. I had to really open up my legs and exaggerate my frog kick to get them to perform. They just don’t respond to ankle inputs like the XTs. The contrast is significant.

I’m going to have to say Lamar is right in his video...the Dive Rite XTs are really, really good fins. The snap they have and the uncomplicated plane with the straked edges really make them a more universal fin, appealing to those who like to give precise input and receive precise output in return.

Dive Rite XTs are my favorite fin. Just got a drysuit and am going to use Hollis F1s for weight reasons, but tonight still try some XTs and see if I can make it work.

Dive Rite XTs are my favorite fin. Just got a drysuit and am going to use Hollis F1s for weight reasons, but tonight still try some XTs and see if I can make it work.

If diving BM, you might consider using a spare cam band and a belt weight (or weights) near the very bottom of your BM tanks. But I admit I’m a warm water wimp and don’t dive a dry suit so there might be additional considerations I’m not aware of.

F5A8C239-A0F9-43B2-B4F2-E7235A52C64E_zpswxx6ytoj.jpe

If diving BM, you might consider using a spare cam band and a belt weight (or weights) near the very bottom of your BM tanks. But I admit I’m a warm water wimp and don’t dive a dry suit so there might be additional considerations I’m not aware of.

View attachment 555512

I'm a pretty new drysuit diver, but with doubles in general I find myself pretty head heavy, mainly because I naturally dont use much weight aside from the tank(s), example in single tank with a 5 mm I use no weight in salt water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom