New England Introduction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EricScubaDives

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good morning!

Just joined the board and figured I'd stop in and say hi. I got my cert about 4-5 years ago but unfortunately haven't dove as much as I would have liked. I was working full time and in school full time which lead to little time for fun. Schools done, new career giving me weekends off, so its time to dive! I have dove New England mostly including the Wachusett Reservoir with the Department of Conservation doing invasive weed studies. My top dive site of all time is probably Grand Cayman, cant beat diving in just shorts.

I went to try on the wet suit this week and came to a startling discovery I think we all make as we age....It doesn't fit anymore! I'd love your recommendations for 7mm wetsuits. My current one is a Henderson farmer john and jacket (lightly used, for sale)

Thanks,
Eric

Welcome to ScubaBoard @Eric Nutter. Thanks for joining the forum and your nice introduction.
There are many brands of wetsuits; Henderson is among one of them. The farmer john (jane)/ jacket is now seldom used and most go for a one piece. Buy one that has extra intrinsic stretch properties therefore avoiding variations in fit due to your fluctuating body weight.

Welcome to ScubaBoard @Eric Nutter. Thanks for joining the forum and your nice introduction.
There are many brands of wetsuits; Henderson is among one of them. The farmer john (jane)/ jacket is now seldom used and most go for a one piece. Buy one that has extra intrinsic stretch properties therefore avoiding variations in fit due to your fluctuating body weight.

Thank you! I was leaning towards the Henderson AquaLock as I already have the hood for the system. Or the Henderson Thermaxx. The Thermaxx seems to be very stretchy.

Welcome to SB! And to New England diving!
I'm looking to sell my 7mm SEAC Masterdry suit (XL) if you are interested. Great for New England waters. Here is the link. For Sale - SEAC 7mm Masterdry suit

Welcome @Eric Nutter, New England needs more divers! As far as a wet suit, a farmer john style in 7mm is my preferred wet suit for NE diving. If you intend to dive the north shore a lot a dry suit would serve you much better however IMO. Diving points south RI, SE MA a 7MM framer john wet suit is the bomb.

Welcome @Eric Nutter, New England needs more divers! As far as a wet suit, a farmer john style in 7mm is my preferred wet suit for NE diving. If you intend to dive the north shore a lot a dry suit would serve you much better however IMO. Diving points south RI, SE MA a 7MM framer john wet suit is the bomb.

Thanks for the recommendations! A dry suit is a very real possibility in the future.

Good afternoon. Welcome aboard. I have an Aqualung Sol 7/8 MM collecting dust. I believe it's an XL with 4 dives on it. Send a conversation to me with your size, an address. If, it will fit. I will mail it to you. (No Charge.) I'm downsizing my Inventory.... For lack of a better term..LOL.
Aqua Lung Solafx 8/7mm Men's Wetsuit, 2019 Men's Wetsuit
Cheers

that SEAC masterdry is awesome I have the same suit. I dive that to about 42 degrees then switch over to my drysuit in the winter. New England diving is awesome but the water is cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom