New England Introduction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim, my instructor sold me the dry suit, and he took me in the water for the first time in the suit. I'm glad I've had some training in the use of a dry suit, as you're correct. It can be very dangerous. I do intend to take the course to have the certification to go with my drysuit experience. Certainly not something to do without proper guidance or training

Yeah but I'll bet it didn't have photos of a diver lifting a cement block with his arm to show how the suit can be used as a lifting device! :eek::eek: Oh the days of old before slip and fall lawyers got a hold of our society.:)!

15931308458413652519368503856238.jpg

@Jay Adams check it out My 1st dry suit user manual

Front cover

unisuit 001.jpg

Back cover
unisuit2 001.jpg

Attachments

• unisuit2 001.jpg
    unisuit2 001.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 48
That's just awesome. I love the memorabilia looks more like an action comic book cover, than a dive manual.

:) I don't think the scan into the PC did it any good it looks better in "person" actual photos and detailed instructions with photos inside showing the proper way to put it on care of the zipper, used as a BCD,
even how to replace cuffs and neck seal.

It was a very comfortable dry suit with a rugged zipper. Most of the time when I used it I left the horse collar in the dive bag and used the suit for a BCD also. It was more comfortable than the horse collar too. I liked it much more than my current dry suit a Pinnacle Black Ice.
Here is the only picture I have of me in that suit, I've posted it before.
Lake winnipesaukee_1972_1.jpg

:) I don't think the scan into the PC did it any good it looks better in "person" actual photos and detailed instructions with photos inside showing the proper way to put it on care of the zipper, used as a BCD,
even how to replace cuffs and neck seal.

It was a very comfortable dry suit with a rugged zipper. Most of the time when I used it I left the horse collar in the dive bag and used the suit for a BCD also. It was more comfortable than the horse collar too. I liked it much more than my current dry suit a Pinnacle Black Ice.
Here is the only picture I have of me in that suit, I've posted it before.
View attachment 594649
It's reminiscent of the Gumby suit they use for ice rescue. I dive a DUI cf200 i like it, but I've got a short neck by definition and I come up damp after every dive. Seal doesn't quite lay flat.
I have a good tolerance for cold water so is not too bothersome. This time of year I'll dive wet mostly all lake dives with a mod of 30 feet. Hard to get depth in some Lakes from a shore dive

For those of us purchasing first drysuit, how does weighting differ from a 7 mm
That's a loaded question. It varies depending on your undergarments. And thickness of the drysuit. Typically in freshwater it's about 6 to 10 pounds more from semi dry to dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom