New England Introduction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that SEAC masterdry is awesome I have the same suit. I dive that to about 42 degrees then switch over to my drysuit in the winter. New England diving is awesome but the water is cold.

Yes, great suit for these waters. But I've dropped a bunch of weight and need a new size so the one I am selling I hope goes to a good home!

Welcome, I agree with @AfterDark my usual wetsuit recommendation is to go with what fits best.

I just use my drysuit year round.

Formernuke, I am getting acclimated to diving dry, I am not comfortable yet diving in warmer water, not sure, do I go in sweatpants? or use my undergarment... also dry suit adds another 8 to 10 pounds to my loadout. although sweatpants are less bouyant than my fleece underwear

Formernuke, I am getting acclimated to diving dry, I am not comfortable yet diving in warmer water, not sure, do I go in sweatpants? or use my undergarment... also dry suit adds another 8 to 10 pounds to my loadout. although sweatpants are less bouyant than my fleece underwear

The problem.with sweat pants is if you sweat or have a small leak they lose all warm and insulation properties.

The general rule with drysuit is to wear no cotton.

I use a lighter weight undergarment so also less lead.

Not specifically dive related but general warmth related, but I'd go Merino wool. If it gets wet it will still maintain its insulating properties. Smart Wool makes some nice stuff.

Yes definitely wool. I was thinking about going to a lighter undergarment. What do you dive in the Atlantic this time of year? 50 to 60 is a normal diving temp for me. And I'm comfortable in my 7mm

Not specifically dive related but general warmth related, but I'd go Merino wool. If it gets wet it will still maintain its insulating properties. Smart Wool makes some nice stuff.

My base and socks are merino wool with the undergarment over that. Others have luck with the synthetic base layers underarmor cold gear or the dive specific ones, personal preference, just no cotton.

Yes definitely wool. I was thinking about going to a lighter undergarment. What do you dive in the Atlantic this time of year? 50 to 60 is a normal diving temp for me. And I'm comfortable in my 7mm

I don't do brand recomendations. Just like a wetsuit fit is very important.

The manufacters make lighter weight ones in the 150 weight range which work for me. Keep in mind your cold tolerence is likely different than mine. Just like hiking, snow shoeing, cross country sking etc you can layer and adjust layers as you need.

I've got a bit of cold tolerance. I'm also insulated in the mid section. I get it though. I dive a 7mm semi dry 9 months out of the year, and it's all New Hampshire

You might want to ask the mods to move this to the exposure protection section for more opinions on options. If NH is like northern MA summer time will see temps around 60, winter as low as 31. Note if you start going deep and further from shore you'll see colder at depth in the summer and warmer in the winter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom