New diver to Great Lakes-Any tips or need to know?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup...that's the hot dog place! Edwardos for pizza. 45 minute wait for pizza allows for 3 beers and some mushrooms....maybe something called a hot itallian sanwhich...with gravy? And @Marie13 listed some places close as well. Is there a local amber beer?

Have a good weekend.

Jay

Yup...that's the hot dog place! Edwardos for pizza. 45 minute wait for pizza allows for 3 beers and some mushrooms....maybe something called a hot itallian sanwhich...with gravy? And @Marie13 listed some places close as well. Is there a local amber beer?

Have a good weekend.

Jay

Leave edwardos alone. Trek west on US 30 to schererville and hit giordanos.

That's an actual Chicago pizza. Edwardos not the same.

Have a good weekend.

Jay

HUGE amount of craft brewerys around.

312 is in Chicago. 3 Floyd's is in Munster which borders Hammond. And byway brewery is on Kennedy at the highway right next to some of the hotels I mentioned. There are a lot more too.

I know this area like the back of my hand.....even well into Illinois as a result of employment related endeavors.

I forgot to add. You better be careful coming here eating food. You'll never leave. I've been to a great deal of places, but Chicago has some damn good food.

Name it I can steer you to a place that is phenomenal.

We are booked for July 27 @ 7:00 am and July 28 at 2:00. 3 divers now and maybe 4 by the time we leave. There was there was a scheduling error that showed a 3 tank dive on the 27th but it should have been in August so we are back to the 2 tank on Saturday.

I’m booked on both the morning and afternoon charters on the 27th along with some others with the Indy Dive Club. See you on the boat!

Have a good weekend.

Jay

Italian BEEF.

Are you guys going tomorrow or not? NOAA marine forecast shows a small craft advisory for tomorrow. Plus more than five miles off shore, 6-8ft waves, possibly as high as 10ft.

Winds brisk.

If conditions favor, I might come back early from Gilboa and take one of the Sunday charters to come dive with the group. :)

Back
Top Bottom