New Dive Guide for Bonaire Just Published

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just purchased the hard copy. Will review and report when we get back

Does it have the 26 sites or just the 9 shown?
It has 62 dive sites ( with a few A,B, and C sites closely related to the primary site) around Bonaire proper. It doesn't go into depth on Klein Bonaire but has a few pages with a dive site or two on Klein Bonaire described. It's the Bonaire Shore Diver's Bible as far as I can tell.

I'd like to see some of the inside before I spring for it. I have 3 dive guides for Bonaire and about 150+ dives there. Wondering whether it would show me anything new or from a different perspective.

It has 62 dive sites ( with a few A,B, and C sites closely related to the primary site) around Bonaire proper. It doesn't go into depth on Klein Bonaire but has a few pages with a dive site or two on Klein Bonaire described. It's the Bonaire Shore Diver's Bible as far as I can tell.

Only 26 detailed 3D maps in book.

I asked if it had laminated 26 maps or the 9 shown.

Only 26 detailed 3D maps in book.

I asked if it had laminated 26 maps or the 9 shown.
I'm not quite sure what you mean. To my way of thinking it has detailed 3D cutaway maps of 62 different shore dives on Bonaire with arrows that show best shore entry and how go about the different sites. I don't see anything laminated at all in the book. This book is meant to stay on shore. It doesn't have laminates to take underwater.

I'd like to see some of the inside before I spring for it. I have 3 dive guides for Bonaire and about 150+ dives there. Wondering whether it would show me anything new or from a different perspective.
I have this and the BSDME and IMHO the Reef Smart Guide has much more information and the 3D cutaway photos of every dive site in BSDME and some that aren't listed. Go to Amazon and you can see some of the pages.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. To my way of thinking it has detailed 3D cutaway maps of 62 different shore dives on Bonaire with arrows that show best shore entry and how go about the different sites. I don't see anything laminated at all in the book. This book is meant to stay on shore. It doesn't have laminates to take underwater.

Read post 19 and 20.

The detailed underwater maps. Read last page of book.

I have this and the BSDME and IMHO the Reef Smart Guide has much more information and the 3D cutaway photos of every dive site in BSDME and some that aren't listed. Go to Amazon and you can see some of the pages.

Read post 19 and 20.

The detailed underwater maps. Read last page of book.

Just looked at Amazon. No pictures or pages from the book are viewable. No link at all. Guess I'll wait til I get to Bonaire in March. Posts above indicate only 26 detailed 3D maps out of 62. Depending on which sites they are, it might be of value to me or it might be semi-useless.

The authors should really push Amazon to get a proper “Look Inside” set up. They’re losing business. I never buy a book without “looking inside” (maybe except this one). People expect it nowadays.

Just looked at Amazon. No pictures or pages from the book are viewable. No link at all. Guess I'll wait til I get to Bonaire in March. Posts above indicate only 26 detailed 3D maps out of 62. Depending on which sites they are, it might be of value to me or it might be semi-useless.
Kharon, The 27 - 3d maps are for the following sites:
  • Boka Slagbaai
  • Taylor Made
  • Karpata
  • Tolo
  • 1000 Steps
  • Jeff Davis Memorial
  • Oil Slick Leap
  • Small Wall
  • Coopers Barge,
  • The Cliff
  • La Machaca