New Dive Guide for Bonaire Just Published

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
See the link and info below:

https://www.amazon.com/Reef-Smart-Guides-Bonaire-Snorkel/dp/1633539806/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1546578939&sr=1-1&keywords=Reef+Smart+Guides+Bonaire%3A+Scuba+Dive.+Snorkel.+Surf.

Reef Smart Guides Bonaire: Scuba Dive. Snorkel. Surf.

Paperback – December 15, 2018

by Peter McDougall (Author), Ian Popple (Author), Otto Wagner (Author)

The definitive guide to SCUBA diving and snorkeling in Bonaire

For fans of Lonely Planet guides comes an essential SCUBA, snorkel, and surf travel guide.

A great Caribbean travel book: The ultimate guide for beach and marine activities in Bonaire. The detailed descriptions and illustrations of beaches, coral reefs, shipwrecks, and other dive spots are ideal for divers, snorkelers, kitesurfers and wind surfers. This guidebook will help anyone wanting to make the most of their time on the island and in the water.

Detailed descriptions and map art: Reef Smart catalogues the dive and snorkel sites in Bonaire as well as the beaches, and kitesurfing and wind surfing hotspots. With the help of Reef Smart’s unique 3D-mapping technology, learn all you need to know about the regions' top dive and snorkel sites. These maps provide useful information such as depths, currents, waves, suggested routes, potential hazards, unique structures and species information.

Do not go diving without it: This indispensable resource will help you plan and execute dives without a hitch. Make sure to pack this guidebook with the rest of your SCUBA gear before you visit the shore diving capital of the Caribbean.

This guidebook provides:

• The best locations for diving, snorkeling, kitesurfing and windsurfing, and how to access them
  • Detailed 3D maps, graphics and information to help you plan your time in and out of the water
  • Species guide to help you identify and understand the marine creatures you will encounter in Bonaire and its surrounding areas

All i can say is WOW!

Download to my android Kindel App. This is a fantastic guide. Shows reef profiles of some of the reefs with entry and exit.

FANTASIC!

A B/W kindel would not do justice, but on a kindel app tablet. OMG.

For $9.99 Kindel download.

Get it

Cool! Thanks @KathyV.

Hope they’d have a “Look Inside”!

They do have a "look inside" but it is all garbled and goofy! I sent a note to the company and received this response from one of the authors:

"Thanks for spotting that. I've reached out to both Amazon and our Publisher. The view was functional at one point, but something must have messed up. We'll get that fixed straight away... We're doing our best to expand this work as rapidly as we can. Barbados will be out this month, followed by Palm Beach, FL and then the Cayman Islands. We love doing this mapping work and I hope people enjoy our work and find it useful."

Paperback version is 280 pages, 5.7 x 0.6 x 8.4 inches and close to $33 (rounding up); the Kindle version closer to $10. I wonder if that price point is becoming common? When in Cozumel last September I noticed a Cozumel guide for $30-something, I think.

I look forward to forum reviews on usefulness/'value for money.' For those who hit Bonaire a number of times, might be nice. Value for people who only go once? Interested to read what people think.

Richard.

Paperback version is 280 pages, 5.7 x 0.6 x 8.4 inches and close to $33 (rounding up); the Kindle version closer to $10. I wonder if that price point is becoming common? When in Cozumel last September I noticed a Cozumel guide for $30-something, I think.

I look forward to forum reviews on usefulness/'value for money.' For those who hit Bonaire a number of times, might be nice. Value for people who only go once? Interested to read what people think.

Richard.

So far I've got three Bonaire dive guides. Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy, New Guide to the Bonaire Marine Park, and Dive Guide Bonaire. Personally, I use BSDME and DGB to plan my trips - each has their strengths - and only bring BSDME with me. I really want to take a look at this new guide. I'm not sure what more information it can provide but if it actually has good underwater maps (not like the nonsense in the DGB) it might be worth buying. Actually $33 isn't really very much - less than a tank of gas. Still unless it goes farther than what I've already got ...

I'll be there March 2nd and will definitely take a look then, assuming it's being sold on island.

I would post a picture or 2 but don't want to get into trouble.

Get the kindel version. it is cheep.

I also have BSDME. Totally different. While this new guide only has a few sites with very detailed reef maps(26 detailed dive site reef maps) of the more popular ones, it does also have several other dive site descriptions.

BSDME was not worth much to me. This is totally different.

I hope upcomming versions will expand these maps even nore. They are fantasic!

Use the kindle app on tablet or PC. Needs to be displayed in color, especially the reef maps. Nice aerial photo of sites also with entry points.

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom