New Dive Charter in Fort Pierce

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steve-oh

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Scubaboard! I know fort pierce and Sebastian have always longed for a charter and some have popped up and quickly disappeared. I just wanted to let everyone know that Treasure Coast Dive Charters is officially up and running!!!! We have actually been running for a little while but on the low-low
wink.gif
. Now everything is official
smthumbup.gif
We run a USCG 6-pack charter on our Sea Cat SL5. We do a variety of dive trips from shallow water dives to the Artificials and also the Halsey/Amazone wrecks. N.E. grounds are available also upon request. We run primarily out of Fort pierce inlet off of Seaway Dr., but on occasion will start doing trips out of Sebastian. Our website is also up and running www.treasurecoastcharters.com. Check out the website for prices and deals. *S/B members receive 15% off any Charters!!!**. Treasure Coast Dive Center in Grant, is also still open and you can book dive trips through the store or through Liquid Addiction dive shop in Wabasso. i Appreciate all the local support as i was getting started
toast.gif

hi Steve-oh. Check in with Vero Beach Scuba Club on Facebook and Vero Beach Scuba Club - Home

love having a local charter operation here....

Looks very interesting to me. I live in Palm Bay and have 5 divers in the house plus a BIL that is a diver... Would be fun to rent the entire boat for a day of diving.

After years of visiting my mother-inlaw in Sebastian, now you open :depressed:

will do! Thanks

---------- Post added December 16th, 2013 at 10:12 PM ----------

Do you have days and times that you do the shallow water trips or does the 1st person that signs up get to pick the location?
ill usually have certain days, or when i have enough people wanting to do a shallow dive than plan it out. during the winter months, shore diving is usually shot. around late april through sept. it stays pretty consistent. there is actually amazing structure close to shore. i was considering doing shallow water night dives in the summer months.

---------- Post added December 16th, 2013 at 10:17 PM ----------

After years of visiting my mother-inlaw in Sebastian, now you open :depressed:
Sorry buddy. ive been trying to get this going for a while. but im here now. let me know when your in town i we'll plan out a trip!

---------- Post added December 16th, 2013 at 10:23 PM ----------

Looks very interesting to me. I live in Palm Bay and have 5 divers in the house plus a BIL that is a diver... Would be fun to rent the entire boat for a day of diving.
Im also from palm bay, i just recently moved to Micco. i also own the new dive shop in Grant(Treasure Coast Dive Center), i usually meet up with people from up this way at the dive shop and they ride with me to the dock. doing a private charter for the day is not a problem at all. Give me a call when ever your ready and we'll plan out a day of diving. i can take you to my #'s or yours if you have your own.

Steve-Oh;
This is great news, and I wish you all the best in the venture.
I know very little about that area as there is so little cross pollination from down here in Broward to up there due to the lack of a consistent charter/operator.
The winter seems like a tough time to start up the business, but if you have been on the "low-low" as you said, you are hopefully getting the bills paid.
While I did hit the website shown in your OP, can you answer some questions?

If you could, tell us something about the diving up there.

What are the reefs like? Similar to patch reefs, or ledges, or scattered encrusted rocks?
What are the wrecks like? Deep, shallow, encrusted with fish and or sharks?
What is the expected water clarity like for different times of the year?
What is the expected strength of currents for different times of the year?
What is the expected lobster and fish availability for different times of the year (and what species of fish)?
Grouper? Hogfish? Snapper? Lion Fish? Cobra? Etcetera......
What is the expected temperature of the water for different times of the year?
What is the average wreck dive depth? What is an average reef dive depth?
Is there an average depth??

This seems a great thing for the North of Melbourne crowd all the way up into South Georgia.
And I am looking forward to something new.

Chug
Never has experienced salt water north of Jupiter with a tank on.

Last edited:
What is the expected lobster and fish availability for different times of the year (and what species of fish)?
Grouper? Hogfish? Snapper? Lion Fish? Cobra? Etcetera......

Also very interested in the answers to Chug's questions here in south Georgia, but *please* answer "no" on that cobra thing! :D

Steve...did you recently purchase that shop? Did Sean Kirby own that?

Also can you give me an idea of what safety/first aid equipment you have on the boat? For example a DAN 02 kit, AED, etc. And what level of training does the crew have both divewise and safety wise.

Like Chug I have not dove north of Jupiter, am very interested in what you have to offer up there! Less oriented towards spearfishing and more to big fish/shark photography.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom