new computer on ebay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me add my voice to those who have successfully bought a computer off ebay. I saved money over what it could bought for from a regular on line dealer, and a bundle over what the LDS was quoting.

It was from an established ebay retailer who had a few hundred 100% positive feedback transactions. When I receoved it it was brand new in the box with the plastic still on it.

I say go for it.

Marc

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did it. I emailed them last night to find out about them and the computer. They are a sporting goods store that bought the puter directly from Scubapro. However, their scuba sales have not been good and they are trying to liquidate their inventory. My emails were answered immediately. The store has a return policy and the lady told me that they are/were a scubapro dealer and that the warranty card was in the box and would be honored by scubapro. Only one problem....they didn't have one for my wife. Just FYI it is an Uwatec/Scubapro Aladin Sport Plus console (with SPG on it) that retails for $480. I paid $212. Hope they can find me another. I'll let you know how it is when I get it. Thanks for all of your input!

Congrats. :)

I have bought a dive computer on ebay and it wasn't from an authorized dealer. Everything worked out great but warranty would have been worthless. The item was brand new in the original box but if it had turned out to be defective I would have been out of luck.

I have bought numerous household items, and 2 Vytec computers, on E-Bay. Definitely check the seller's feedback and trust your instincts. If it doesn't feel right, just wait for another auction.

That said, E-bay can be a great place to purchase dive gear, as long as you do your homework.

Sure, but will you get ANY kind of warranty through Ebay?

Even through Leisurepro you still get a warranty.

Received my computer yesterday. It was brand new, in the box, with the blue plastic still over the protective cover so it wouldn't get scratched. Came with the high pressure connection hose, huge (thick) instruction booklet and warranty card. I think I mentioned before but I did extensive research before I bought it. It came from a sporting goods store that was trying to liquidate some of their inventory. They had ordered the computers straight from Scubapro/Uwatec and are a scubapro/uwatec dealer. So, warranty won't be a problem. In fact, their store sticker on the box said $450. My price, shipping and handling, to my door $212. (Uwatec Aladin Sport Plus - LDS quoted me $400 for the exact same thing)

gt2003.......nice grab.

See it pays to do a little research when buying. You just saved enough to buy your wife a new rig as well. Keep looking for those bargins.

... will you get ANY kind of warranty through Ebay?
I give full warranties on everything I sell on ebay, and there are a lot of other sellers that stand behind their sales as well.
Gotta do the research to find out the good guys from the bad though.

gt2003 once bubbled...
I just found the computer I'm looking to buy on ebay. Its about 100 bucks less than leisurepro and god only knows how much less than my lds. It says its brand new in the box and has a 10 day return policy. I've emailed the guy to get further info. Does this sound like a reasonable gamble? I wouldn't dare buy something like a regulator off ebay but is a brand new computer a safe bet? Give me your thoughts please. Thanks!

It's probably hot.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom