New charges for Sotis (Add helium)and Emilie Voissem (Nexus Underwater)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why in the world would you ever suggest Turkey? Nevermind. Don't answer.

I don't think that really applies to the Feds. More like local cops whose power has gone to their heads. I'm pretty sure the Feds don't want to waste their resources on someone like me.
The feds will want to ‘talk about something’, not record it and then write up a report where you lied to them. And if their boss doesn’t think it is flagrant enough he’ll rewrite it for them. And then they will send you to jail for ‘lying’ over a non-criminal case. Do not talk to the feds without your lawyer present and then only if he says you should. Record the interview. And if a fed shows to talk to you, yes, you now need a lawyer.

The feds will want to ‘talk about something’, not record it and then write up a report where you lied to them. And if their boss doesn’t think it is flagrant enough he’ll rewrite it for them. And then they will send you to jail for ‘lying’ over a non-criminal case. Do not talk to the feds without your lawyer present and then only if he says you should. Record the interview. And if a fed shows to talk to you, yes, you now need a lawyer.
What makes you think I haven't already had the Feds (FBI) show up at my house wanting to talk to me? They also wanted to talk to a friend of mine but as a result of our conversation, they opted not to.

What makes you think I haven't already had the Feds (FBI) show up at my house wanting to talk to me? They also wanted to talk to a friend of mine but as a result of our conversation, they opted not to.

He is just giving a very valid advice, I know from friend's first hand experience. Don't talk about anything, ask to talk to your lawyer and nobody else. The feds have unlimited resources, unlimited budget and the whole might of the US fed government when you have nothing at all.

USA wants the rebreathers, forfeiture

RAMAS says, not so fast they are ours

How about the Kaizen Solutions bk?

Attachments

• 167 USA v SOTIS order new trial evidence 1:19-cr-20693-PAS.pdf
    87.7 KB · Views: 110
Well, the case is over now. (Pun intended).

Case over?

Not yet, a ways off, lots of action left.

Sotis has filed his notice of appeal. While he has a few hoops to jump through, it's rolling along.

He has a 6th amendment right to assistance of counsel for his appeal. Your tax dollars will likely pay for his counsel on appeal.

Attachments

• 163-1 USA v SOTIS order new trial evidence 1:19-cr-20693-PAS.pdf
    187.5 KB · Views: 95
Ok remind me who RAMAS is. Is that the group that bought and wanted them shipped to Libya? If so there should be no way for them to take ownership of them since the can't be exported there. That's the whole reason the Feds prosecuted the case isn't it?

Case over?

Not yet, a ways off, lots of …

You missed the pun. The discusion morphed to Ghosn. Oh well.

So who gets the websites? Rebreather World and The Deco Stop could use a little housekeeping. Not sure who is paying the bill to keep the lights on?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom