new Cebu Pacific baggage limits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
If you are taking domestic flights on Cebu Pacific take note they have reduced their check-in baggage limit from 20 to 15 kilos (10 kg for selected airports using ATR-72 aircraft).

Excess baggage rates were raised from 50 to 100 Philippine pesos per kilo a couple of months ago.

gilligan_jeepney.gif

If you are taking domestic flights on Cebu Pacific take note they have reduced their check-in baggage limit from 20 to 15 kilos (10 kg for selected airports using ATR-72 aircraft).

Excess baggage rates were raised from 50 to 100 Philippine pesos per kilo a couple of months ago.
QUOTE]

That's why I book on Philippine Airlines when I was there a month ago. They accept US visa cards on line and I figured it was about even with Cebu Pacific after I checked CPs website and added up all the extra charges. Philippine Airlines still has a 20kg limit and didn't charge me going to Cebu for extra weight- I didn't think I was quite in compliance. They charged be on the way back to Manila because I forgot and left my regulator in the check in bag which is an extra 6-8 pounds - about 250 pesos.

That really sucks!! I'm sure PAL will follow suit in reducing their baggage limits.

edit: Back in February, my brother and I paid about P1500 in excess luggage. I'm sure its gonna be more next time around:(

In the big scheme of things.......
the charges are minimal.....going without the gear is NOT an option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom