New bottom timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suunto Mosquito doesn't have gauge mode.
Sure it does. They call it free dive mode - though it will show ER where it used to show NDL info (useless info anyway) it still shows depth and time throughout the dive - I used one like this for several years - still have it for a back-up.

The new Uwatec 330M SUCKS, I don't speak METRIC. Sorry I'm just a good ole' Southern American Red White and Blue feet and PSI kind of diver.

That's why they make an imperial version.

The new Uwatec 330M SUCKS, I don't speak METRIC. Sorry I'm just a good ole' Southern American Red White and Blue feet and PSI kind of diver.

Just because you dont use Metric doesn't mean the product sucks.

Hi all, I am looking for a new bottom timer. In their infinite wisdom, the manufacturers of the Uwatec bottomtimer, the Suunto D3 and the Suunto Mosquito have decided to discontinue these useful products.

Well, I'm sure you can find the Uwatec still in stock at many places for a while yet.

I do have a slightly unusual suggestion - the Mares M1 or M2. They have a bottom timer mode which includes seconds display (great for those 30"+30" ascents). They have an "always-on" backlight mode and easily changeable AAA batteries which make using the backlight practical (about 20 hours diving per set of batteries). Oh, and they're pretty cheap :)

Well, I'm sure you can find the Uwatec still in stock at many places for a while yet.

I do have a slightly unusual suggestion - the Mares M1 or M2. They have a bottom timer mode which includes seconds display (great for those 30"+30" ascents). They have an "always-on" backlight mode and easily changeable AAA batteries which make using the backlight practical (about 20 hours diving per set of batteries). Oh, and they're pretty cheap :)

Barry, Sheck33 (the OP) ended up buying a UWATEC TEC2G - see post #30...

Barry, Sheck33 (the OP) ended up buying a UWATEC TEC2G - see post #30...

That's an expensive bottom timer. :wink:

I'm also in the market for a BT. The Uwatec 330m manual indicates it measures in meters and feet, but doesn't show how to change from one to the other - so what's up is the manual wrong???

I'm also in the market for a BT. The Uwatec 330m manual indicates it measures in meters and feet, but doesn't show how to change from one to the other - so what's up is the manual wrong???
There is a an imperial version sold in the US and a metric version sold in the rest of the world. Its the same bottom timer except for the imperial/metric factory setting that you can't change.

You should be able to get the imperial version of 330m bottom timer from any Scubapro dealer in the states.

The Scubapro US website hasn't been updated with the imperial version, but they are notoriously slow at updating it (they are probably waiting to see if that Intarwebz thing is just a fad :wink:).

Yep, it comes in imperial, I own the imperial version 330m. The "m" in 330m in the US might confuse some, even though mine reads in feet.

What about the new
Hollis DG01

I hear there coming out with more this summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom