Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And, another site to add to my list! Thanks, guys!
I do have a question for you, though. What size tanks are you using in this video? They look smallish to me but it could just be a trick of the camera.

And, another site to add to my list! Thanks, guys!
I do have a question for you, though. What size tanks are you using in this video? They look smallish to me but it could just be a trick of the camera.

They're 80cu (or something close to it), but steel instead of aluminum. Tropical Divers has both steel 80 and steel 100 tanks, which is one of the main reasons they're my "go to" shop on Bonaire.

We just uploaded a new video! We're on land this week, and doing a little grocery shopping.

They're 80cu (or something close to it), but steel instead of aluminum. Tropical Divers has both steel 80 and steel 100 tanks, which is one of the main reasons they're my "go to" shop on Bonaire.
The steel 80s hold 80 cf, an AL 80 holds about 77.4 cf. The buoyancy characteristics are much different. From the DGX website:

upload_2020-6-25_18-40-11.png

We just uploaded a new video! We're on land this week, and doing a little grocery shopping.

Very helpful information as always. Thanks for posting!

Although, it's looking less and less likely that we'll be going as scheduled at the end of July, now. I just don't see it happening at this point. :(

I was looking around for information as I'm scheduled for my first trip to Bonaire next month. (As I'm in Europe, that is luckily still possible.)
I stumbled upon your YT vids and wanted to say thanks for the tips and tricks. Much appreciated!!
Keep up the good work and give my regards to the wife as well.

Great videos. Thanks. We're just planning a trip in March now and they'll be helpful.

Jason

We finally made it back to Bonaire! Here's our latest video on how things have changed at Tolo. Enjoy!

@USC8791, can you tell me about your walking sticks? Brand, composition, and how you secure them to your BC during the dive? I hadn't even thought of using a walking stick. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom