Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for creating the content and posting! I've started watching some of your videos; the one on Tolo looked informative and well-done (e.g.: the entry change related to more coral rubble washing ashore). Also liked the one on diving the Jeff Davis site. Entry and exit at Bonaire shore dive sites can be tricky, and site-specific video demonstrations are apt to be helpful.

Tropical Divers has both steel 80 and steel 100 tanks, which is one of the main reasons they're my "go to" shop on Bonaire.

Good to know! Will have to check them out.

Richard.

We published two new videos today! First is a quick Island Drive out to the windmills.

Next is a video about OUR choice for a dive shop on Bonaire.

Enjoy!

By the way, thanks for your Jeff Davis dive site video. I dove there recently after watching your video. It was easier to get up and down that incline than I expected.

Oh, quick note on trekking poles. I've been diving solo, so having a buddy stick one to my tank via some sort of loop wasn't going to happen. I put a zip tie high and another low on the main handle after collapsing it, put a bolt snap on each, and after entry connected one to my top left BCD D-ring and one to my crotch strap D-ring. That stowed it nice and tight, easy to stow before releasing my fins from my fin keeper, and the reverse when getting out. When back-finning out to drop-offs, it sometimes poked me in the thigh a bit, but not too bad. On the dive, hardly noticed it was there.

Thanks for telling us about the trekking poles. I think mine saved me some falls, and make this trip safer, easier and less nerve-racking. I still had some falls, but nothing serious.

By the way, thanks for your Jeff Davis dive site video. I dove there recently after watching your video. It was easier to get up and down that incline than I expected.

Oh, quick note on trekking poles. I've been diving solo, so having a buddy stick one to my tank via some sort of loop wasn't going to happen. I put a zip tie high and another low on the main handle after collapsing it, put a bolt snap on each, and after entry connected one to my top left BCD D-ring and one to my crotch strap D-ring. That stowed it nice and tight, easy to stow before releasing my fins from my fin keeper, and the reverse when getting out. When back-finning out to drop-offs, it sometimes poked me in the thigh a bit, but not too bad. On the dive, hardly noticed it was there.

Thanks for telling us about the trekking poles. I think mine saved me some falls, and make this trip safer, easier and less nerve-racking. I still had some falls, but nothing serious.
Thanks Dr. Rich, I’m glad the tips have been helpful! And unfortunately I too have yet to get my fall count to zero, even with the walking stick. Balance isn’t exactly my forte. Thanks again for watching our videos!

Even cloudy days are great for a drive out to Cai!

Dive site reviews are of value but not sure I get the point of this particular video.

Dive site reviews are of value but not sure I get the point of this particular video.
The Island Drive videos are mainly for fun, but also give folks an idea of what it’s like topside on Bonaire. I’ve also had a few viewers mention that they have helped them find some of the ”off the beaten path” sites like the windmills.

The Island Drive videos are mainly for fun, but also give folks an idea of what it’s like topside on Bonaire. I’ve also had a few viewers mention that they have helped them find some of the ”off the beaten path” sites like the windmills.
A group of us, divers and non divers, are looking at places to go next February. Videos like this help me convince the non divers that Bonaire is worth their wile as well.
Thank you for doing all of the videos!
Erik

A group of us, divers and non divers, are looking at places to go next February. Videos like this help me convince the non divers that Bonaire is worth their wile as well.
Thank you for doing all of the videos!
Erik
Thanks Erik!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom