New Boat, what ya think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get what Chuck is saying. For camera tag lines put overboard you want a shock cord. The length should be long enough that someone can not kick them with their long freediving fins. Maybe 8+ feet below the surface?

I made a line to use between my kayaks out of hollow core webbing with bungee tied inside and stainless clips sewn onto the ends. Gives it a restricted amount of stretch. Just happens to work perfect as a dock line, a tag line, and probably other things I have not yet discovered.

What I do not get is Lee Taylors post.

OK, I feel stupid. :bonk: Now that you state it so clearly I understand. And, I should have gotten it the first time. I think I just got on a distracted line of thinking from Lee's post.

I think Lee is simply suggesting ways to minimize a variety of risks, including pirates. :pirate4:

A considerable amount of my diving has been river diving from river boats or jon boats. Some of the time it has just been myself and one other diver onboard. Many times we have both been on the bottom with the boat anchored and empty of divers.

In my previous post I was trying to offer some suggestions for diving from a small boat.

One of the suggestions I was trying to make is to leave a diver on the boat while others are underwater. One Saturday, I was not present, they had an intoxicated theif come snooping around while all divers were underwater. Long story short his hull hit and killed a diver.

Cooper River tributary in video below

Back
Top Bottom