New Aqua Lung i750tc Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quastfin

Registered
Reaction score
Aqua Lung's new I750TC is coming this fall.

I know it's sort of a new version of the Oceanic VTX - but do you know what, if any , the differences are between the VTX and the I750TC? ( besides the cosmetic? )

Expanded Aqua Lung Dive Instrumentation Continues to Make the Complex Easy

i750TC Dive Computer - Aqua Lung US - Personal Aquatic Equipment for Recreational and Professional Use

i750T-Left-Imp.jpg

Since Aqua Lung bought the original equipment manufacturer, Pelagic Pressure Systems, from American Underwater Products, parent of Oceanic, Hollis, Aeris (before being folded into Oceanic), they have released a line of computers manufactured by PPS. All of these computers are rebranded models previously produced by PPS for Oceanic/Aeris. The major difference is the lack of dual algorithm (DSAT and PZ+) run by Oceanic computers. Aqua Lung computers run only PZ+. There are differences in the 2 decompression algorithms that may be important to some divers. The DSAT algorithm is on the liberal end of the spectrum whereas PZ+ is middle of the road. There is extensive discussion of decompression algorithms elsewhere on SB, often a contentious topic

i750TC = Oceanic VTX
i450T = Oceanic OCi
i550 = discontinued Aeris Atmos AI
i300 = Oceanic Veo 2
i200 = Oceanic Geo 2

PPS also manufactures computers for other brands such as Sherwood, Genesis and Hollis

Thanks. I knew of the difference in algorithm, but I thought there might be something else.

I am seriously thinking about getting the I750tc. I think it looks a lot better than the chrome bordered VTX, and it seems to have all I want in a computer. (Good legibility, Air integration, easily changeable batteries et.c.)

Thanks. I knew of the difference in algorithm, but I thought there might be something else.

I am seriously thinking about getting the I750tc. I think it looks a lot better than the chrome bordered VTX, and it seems to have all I want in a computer. (Good legibility, Air integration, easily changeable batteries et.c.)

As long as you are satisfied with the PZ+ decompression algorithm

You could ask Aqua Lung on the manufacturers forum or contact them directly to ask if there are any other differences other than the cosmetic

Aeris A300 CS was replaced by the Oceanic VTX, You don't hear much about it anymore. You can still find it though, $800 with transmitter from LeisurePro
I meant the A300CS and its replacement the Oceanic VTX, does the VTX have any issues?

As long as you are satisfied with the PZ+ decompression algorithm

You could ask Aqua Lung on the manufacturers forum or contact them directly to ask if there are any other differences other than the cosmetic

Yes, I'm quite sure the PZ+ algorithm will do fine, especially after reading this review

A sense of algorithm

Back
Top Bottom