Aqua Lung i330R and Apeks DSX, all in the family

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the o2 analyzer in the DSX, that's pretty cool.

So, I see the Apeks DSX is now available at scuba.com, probably other places too Apeks DSX Technical Wrist Computer

The DSX, with the O2 module (no cell), goes for $1399. A transmitter will cost you another $395, $1794 total.

That gives the Garmin Descent MK2i with transmitter ($1850) a run for the most expensive. A Teric with transmitter is $1565, a Perdix 2 with transmitter is $1475, all a pretty penny.

I just saw that yesterday when placing a scuba.com order. It will be interesting to see if the DSX survives and becomes another high-end alternative to Garmin and Shearwater. I have no plans to try it out, but I do plan to watch and see if it catches on.

Ratio iX3M2 Tech+ (full Buhlmann custom GF) = € 980 + Transmitter at € 399 makes €1380. You can add an O2 analyzer for another € 250. That would be a 4th option of a full GF Buhlmann computer + transmitter combo.

What I like about these Ratio computers (also the iDive Color): they actually grow with you as a diver. For 599 you get the iX3M2 with Buhlmann and 6 preset conservatism levels (and AI, Compass, Sidemount function showing 2 tanks at once). For 150 euro you can upgrade to a bit more advanced algorithm and for 150 on top of that, you get the Tech+ version which is comparable to Perdix AI.

I just saw that yesterday when placing a scuba.com order. It will be interesting to see if the DSX survives and becomes another high-end alternative to Garmin and Shearwater. I have no plans to try it out, but I do plan to watch and see if it catches on.

But keep in mind that the oxy cell itself is not included and must be purchased seperately.
The Apeks DSX is now sold by Dive Gear Express. I don't know if that is a comment on its ultimate success or not. It comes with the oxygen analyzer, the sensor is $79. The price for the MH8A transmitter is high, paying for the brand? Aqua Lung, Shearwater, and Oceanic transmitters are $50-55 less, Oceanic comes with the replacement service post warranty.

1681738962882.png

The Apeks DSX is now sold by Dive Gear Express. I don't know if that is a comment on its ultimate success or not. It comes with the oxygen analyzer, the sensor is $79. The price for the MH8A transmitter is high, paying for the brand? Aqua Lung, Shearwater, and Oceanic transmitters are $50-55 less, Oceanic comes with the replacement service post warranty.

View attachment 779730

Interesting. I remember "back in the day" when Dive Gear Express was Dive Rite Express and focused almost exclusively on the Dive Rite brand with some XS Scuba thrown in. That was over a decade ago now I think. How times have changed!

I think this speaks more to Dive Gear Express adding the Apeks brand than it does to the success of the computer. I think that still remains to be seen. We probably won't know that for another year or so.

I think this speaks more to Dive Gear Express adding the Apeks brand than it does to the success of the computer. I think that still remains to be seen. We probably won't know that for another year or so.
That's interesting in itself. As in the OP, Aqua Lung has owned Apeks since 1997 as its high end/tech brand. It would be very interesting to hear the discussion on both sides about adding a new brand to the DGX portfolio.

For basic equipment, DGX appears to carry DGX, Dive Rite, OMS, Mares, Apeks, Shearwater, Garmin, and Poseidon brands. I might have missed some.

Back
Top Bottom