Never Done Learning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HiterSixOne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello let me introduce myself.

Diving has been a sought after adventure for me for awhile, but as with anything life got in the way. My first experience with diving was a Discover Scuba session I had while vacationing in Cozumel, Mexico. Loved everything about it. I had full intentions on completing my Open Water PADI certification soon after the trip......life entered again.

Three years later I had the opportunity to join a new department in the law enforcement community. Shortly after the move I tried out for the department dive team and secured a spot.

Now in my mid-forties I have completed my Open Water PADI and have am a member of Public Safety divers and recently completed the Dive Rescue course through Dive Rescue International.

Headed back to Cozumel later this year and plan to dive every day this year.

Looking forward to gaining knowledge, techniques and tutorials related to diving from the members here. I'll help out when I can. Thanks in advance.

Welcome. Who do you plan to dive with and where do you plan to stay in Cozumel? It's a very popular dive destination.

Richard.

Welcome. Who do you plan to dive with and where do you plan to stay in Cozumel? It's a very popular dive destination.

Richard.
We are headed down with some friends, however our resort (Sunscape Sabor) has multiple daily dives trips. I'm open to other areas or hidden gems if you are aware of any in Cozumel.

I don't have any experience with Sunscape Sabor. I did compile some general info. on Cozumel when researching for my trip a few years back.
Tres Pelicanos & Casa Mexicana, Cozumel Sept. 2018 Report - Tres Pelicanos/Casa Mexican Trip Report Sept. 2018
My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip

Probably the big 'things to know' item I have to share is that some operators have 120-cf steel tanks, and if any of you has a poor gas consumption rate (a.k.a. an 'airbag'), that can be a real plus. Few operators have those (e.g.: Aldora and Living Underwater that I know of; at least one more). More widely available are 100-cf AL tanks, but here's the scoop on that...they tend to have a rated fill pressure of 3,300 (at which point you have 100-cf), but are likely to be closer to 3,000 PSI on island from what I saw (limited experience, but no one's contradicted it yet), so you may get closer to 90-cf (still a meaningful difference).

I don't have any experience with Sunscape Sabor. I did compile some general info. on Cozumel when researching for my trip a few years back.
Tres Pelicanos & Casa Mexicana, Cozumel Sept. 2018 Report - Tres Pelicanos/Casa Mexican Trip Report Sept. 2018
My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip

Probably the big 'things to know' item I have to share is that some operators have 120-cf steel tanks, and if any of you has a poor gas consumption rate (a.k.a. an 'airbag'), that can be a real plus. Few operators have those (e.g.: Aldora and Living Underwater that I know of; at least one more). More widely available are 100-cf AL tanks, but here's the scoop on that...they tend to have a rated fill pressure of 3,300 (at which point you have 100-cf), but are likely to be closer to 3,000 PSI on island from what I saw (limited experience, but no one's contradicted it yet), so you may get closer to 90-cf (still a meaningful difference).
Good info

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom