NetDoc needs YOUR help with his ITC...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hokay ladies and germs... I started my ITC (the pre portion) tonight and have been given 2 assignments. The first will be given tomorrow, so respond QUICKLY...

"How do you breathe normally on SCUBA?"

I have a few ideas and they are growing... but I want to hear some outlandish ones... attention grabbers... cool ways of describing this.

Pool Selection... "Clearing a Regulator"

Again, I know how to do this, but I want to make it memorable for the staff, knowhatimeanvern?

ASAP, ASAP, ASAP... send me your ideas tonight!!!

I was taught to clear my reg. 3 ways 2 of which are 1. by pushing the purge button while keeping it in my mouth. Use caution keep your tongue over the mouthpiece hole. 2. Fill your mouth with air and wiggle your cheeks like a chipmunk with a bunch of food in its mouth.

Hope this helps

Well first you put that little thing in your mouth and....naw, never mind. :wink:

There are at least 3 methods of clearing a regulator, but chipmunking isn't one I've ever heard before. Why store the air in your mouth when it's as easy to put in in the regulator (which is where you want it anyway)? 3 methods are: 1. Exhale. 2. Purge. 3. Cluck. You already know the first two methods, but the third is usually new to most people. Simply make a clucking sound with your tongue (difficult to describe, but easy to demo and to do) coming away from the roof of your mouth. Cluck about 3 times. It does not feel as if you are expelling any air, but you will clear the regulator.

and concentrate on...

"How do you breathe normally on SCUBA?" (I have to do it today)

I feel your frustration NetDoc. Are you needing just an attention getter before you actually demo the skill? Could you do a simulated Heimlich Manuever(as opposed to the Warhammer) on yourself? ie dislodging what is keeping you from breathing. Given your sense of humor I'm sure you can come up with a way to embelish.

Best wishes good luck and all that.

Please post a class report as you progress through.

If you want an attention getter, come in with a full face mask on, and have the Star Wars Imperial March playing and breath hard and heavy like Darth Vader. :)

Back
Top Bottom