NeoSport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Markho71

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Are NeoSport wetsuits made by Henderson? Just noticed that they are using the same models in the magazines. Things that make you go hmmmmmm??????

Yes. I believe Neosport is the budget line of Henderson. I have a Neosport 2 mil shorty that I purchased from Scuba Toys about 4 yrs ago. It's been to Cozumel, Honduras, and Bonaire and local lakes. It's held up extremely well I think for what I paid ($45.00).

Many brands run second tier or alternate labels. It lets them play the premium and budget market without tainting the parent name. I also gives them freedom in franchise and distribution contracts.

I'd like to compare the neosport material to the henderson? One hundred bucks says it's the EXACT same.

Probably so, but some people prefer the name more than the materials.
The best suit is the one that fits well. They are all basically the same, I think.

You generally find a few more features on the premium name suit. The seals and zippers are generally better and will help keep water out. With the 2-3mm suits that doesn't matter as much, but with a suit for colder diving, keeping the water out gets much more important.

Well, I've now had the Neosport for about 10 months, but only put about 5ves on it. It started falling apart within 20 dives. Absolutely the worst wetsuit I've ever owned (and I've been diving for 48 years now). Initially it developed tears around both kneepads despite my care in putting it on. After about 20 dives it began showing tears on the INSIDE liner. I rarely pee in my wetsuits, so uric acid is not to blame.

Unless I have a lemon, I will NEVER buy another wetsuit in Henderson's Neosport line. This is even worse than my Seaquest X-Flex that started falling apart after 50 dives. On the other hand, my Tilos wetsuits have given me as many as 650 dives (despite the fact the legs eventually fell off).

Fortunately it has been warm enough the past three months to wear my 7year old Tilos 3/2mm (which shows NO tears at all), most recently with a 3mm hooded vest. It's warmer than the freaking Neosport!

I have 4 Neo-Sports and love them.

At $75 per suit, I can get 4 of them compared to one Henderson main line suit.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom