neoprene socks..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snuggle

Reaction score
chad mentioned neoprene socks in another thread that i posted..has anyone ever used them and if so did they keep your feet warm?

I use fleece-lined neoprene socks under my booties at the beginning and ending of the dive season here in New England -- VERY TOASTY and the fleece feels great on your feet. I bought mine at LL Bean, but you can also find them at Cabela's or any other store that sells hunting/fishing/outdoor gear.

Note -- I am wearing these under wet-suit booties.

Prior to discovering the neoprene socks, I used to wear high quality wool socks...wool maintains insulation properties even when wet.

i just got lucky on ebay and bought 4 pairs for 3.25 each..hope they are good as you say lol thanks

I dive wet year-round (well, the 8 months that I dive) in New England and although my new semi-dry Pinnacle suit keeps me toasty, my feet and toes are the first casualty. I don't think I'm going to get any better on the boots (Pinnacle 6mm boots), and wanted to explore some neoprene sock options.

I picked up a pair of standard no-frills (prob 2mm) Bare neoprene socks and although they make suiting up easier, add almost no warmth.

I've been reading a lot of talk in free diving boards about 5 or 7-mm socks by Picasso or Cressi-sub. Has anyone tried these or other brands?

hoosier:
You are taking the same path that I took. I also read many post and got the opinion about the neoprene socks. It is an absolutely worth every penny. I don't have any slippery problem inside a wetsuit. I got mine from http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/s...y?storeId=226&catalogId=40000000226&langId=-1

It is also very good for the winter ski.....:)

Hoosier,

Do you mean that you tried some of the better neoprene socks or that you had luck with those you got from Campmor? The thin ones I have from Bare do me no good.

The link you sent didn't lead to a particular item -- do you have a description maybe?

Thanks,
Louie

Sorry. Let me make it clear.

I got the neoprene sock from Campmor. I use it with 5 mm Henderson Gold core boot. My GF wears it with 7 mm Henderson Gold core boot. The lowest water temp is around 43 F in our local quarry. We don't have any problem at all. My GF is a really sensitive to the cold water though. It works very very well.

Here it is:
http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?memberId=12500226&productId=13287368

When I was in the market for the sock, I also looked at Bare branded socks at divetank.com But, I chose this one. Even this one is a little bit cheaper than Bare branded sock.

One tip: Sock should be a little snug. Otherwise, it can hold a water inside your boot so that you can feel the cold water. This sock is a stretch neoprene.....

Good luck...

Hoosier

localdivah:
Hoosier,

Do you mean that you tried some of the better neoprene socks or that you had luck with those you got from Campmor? The thin ones I have from Bare do me no good.

The link you sent didn't lead to a particular item -- do you have a description maybe?

Thanks,
Louie

I use them all the time instead of booties when I travel to the tropics and need foot protection from fins. They are great. Wish I had more than the two pair I own now.

My Whites dry suit came with a pair of neoprene socks that I where under my drysuit.
They are warm (had 'em down to 36f this winter), but they don't breath and they tend to stink-up pretty quickly.

We got some from Divetank, Bare. I don't quite have enough room in my booties but my wife says hers made a huge difference.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom