Neoprene Neck Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SouthSideScubaSteve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm considering a drysuit that has a neoprene neck seal but don't know anyone that dives with one ....Any thoughts or opinions you might want to share??

I agree with all of the positive comments made.

The only catch that I hear of from time to time is compression. If you have a marginal fit and dive deep the seal material will compress and may leak. If you have a good nominal fit you should be fine.

As said Durable,Warm,and seal great! a latex can and will tear on a dive but can be repaired with some tape.But neoprene is such a great seal and when I replace neck seals I have a guy that custom makes them and darn I get great fits!
Good luck and remember to roll / tuck about a 1" around your neck seal in around your neck so the seal will not burp!

No need for a dry suit in Florida,,
have a great trip diving Pompano Beach,
South Florida divers runs just a bit north to some ok reef's and wrecks but one day get up to Boynton Beach! Dive with Kevin Underwater Explorers you will see the difference Big time!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom