Neoprene drysuit users (not crushed neo)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matt_unique

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What have you found to be the useful life of your 7mm neoprene drysuit? I have 7 seasons on my O'Neill drysuit and I have been colder than usual during my last few dives. Could be other factors I suppose, but I'm definitely colder than usual and it got me to thinking about the typical useful life of neo drysuits. I have been wearing the same thermals, no leaks, dry gloves, etc., etc.

Thanks

--Matt

Yes they crush down and over time the neo ruptures then loose the thermal properties you may also notice the weight needed on the weight belt is less and less because bouyancy is also lost,
I have dived the neo suits for almost 20 yrs have got 4 or 5 and most lasted about 3 or 4 yrs

I have not noticed a significant reduction in weight necessary to decend.

This may serve as a better gauge as to the useful life: I average about 35 dives a year, I have about 245 dives total on this suit.

Thanks

--Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom