NELD get-together overnighter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LobstaMan:
Wild animals on a harbor island??? Probably nothing bigger than a rabbit out there. Who'd be afraid of a cute little fuzzy rabbit????(insert additional Monty Pyhton references here).

LobstaMan

No, the wild animals will be the ones getting off the boats with tanks under one arm and kegs under the other.

No alcohol? Sounds good to me.

paulthenurse:
tanks under one arm and kegs under the other
For better or worse, there's a no alcohol policy on the island. In fact, I believe that policy extends to all of the islands in the Boston Harbor Islands National Park. I can't say I'd recommend bringing a keg.

Hopefully I'll have some time this evening to look at dates, so those interested can reserve sites ASAP.

MSilvia:
For better or worse, there's a no alcohol policy on the island. In fact, I believe that policy extends to all of the islands in the Boston Harbor Islands National Park. I can't say I'd recommend bringing a keg.

Hopefully I'll have some time this evening to look at dates, so those interested can reserve sites ASAP.

What's the fun in that? Hmmm...OK...problem solved...rig a reg to the top of the keg and say it's a new low pressure tank.

Seriously, I'm not interested in getting torqued but definitely a nice social buzz.

--Matt

PS Matt - I'm sure you will be the provider of public information and not in any way an event coordinator. God knows what seedy characters from this board may show up...he he.

matt_unique:
Matt - I'm sure you will be the provider of public information and not in any way an event coordinator. God knows what seedy characters from this board may show up...he he.
You've got that right. I'm going to reserve a campsite for myself on whatever date seems to work for folks, and I plan to dive for and cook my dinner. If anyone wants to join me, feel free to do the same. I'm not in charge. This is strictly informal.

Speaking of seedy characters, it probably would be a good idea to bring some way to secure your gear when you aren't using it... just in case.

I can see it now......

"OK....for the last time already....who mashed a corn brownie into Matt's mask? It was funny the first three times but now it's getting old".

I don't want to give any ideas....

Ha ha ha!

--Matt

Okay guys, I checked out the available dates, and it looks like the greatest availablility (no reserved campsites so far, and I don't have plans) is on the following saturdays:
June 2 & 16, August 25, Sept 8, 15, & 22. I think we should choose one of those dates if we can. I dare say this is one of those rare occasions where a poll might be useful. I'll post one.

Survey says.....

I think August 25th is good, water warms up, prime bug season, good fishing, warm air temps (bring a coozie for that beer), etc.

Matt, what's the URL for the park site? I'm ready to commit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom