Nekton Rorqual 7/25/09 - 8/1/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow....I hope this drama does not play out when I'm on the Nekton in October.....I'm going to do some of the finest diving in the world....so ChinaCat and DesertDiver says!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

If I were on the jury in the trial of Disgruntled Crew Members vs Nekton, I would vote in favor of the crew members, despite the spirited defense of the Nekton by their advocate, cappyjon. I believe the crew's story--particularly House of Cards'--has the ring of truth to it, and it is supported by quite a lot of detail.

Just letting you all know that when you tip credit card we never actually see that money it usually goes to getting a new washer and dryer or a new freezer.
This is one of the most disturbing things to me, as a paying and tipping liveaboard customer (not Nekton). In my opinion this is theft, plain and simple. I will be delivering a cash tip to each individual crew member in the future.

jee what happend to the good old days when the only rules that were broken where jumping off the pilot house, diving below 130 and sleeping with the guest in their rooms?

jee what happend to the good old days when the only rules that were broken where jumping off the pilot house, diving below 130 and sleeping with the guest in their rooms?

Well Club Med changed too:depressed:...that was so much fun in the 80's:D:D:D

Well Club Med changed too:depressed:...that was so much fun in the 80's:D:D:D

80s hell, I was on that boat for 2003. I had a blast, I did one trip in late 2004 and still had a blast. teaching diving since I got married just doesnt have the same appeal

I've worked with Nekton since March of 2008. I've worked on both of the Nekton boats in just about every posistion falling short of capt/mate and engineering, gone through a 32 day long dry dock and 3 USCG inspections.

Being her "Back-up" on Board... talked to me about it the Friday before the week (As I am her replacement).

I really do appreciate what you have been writing, but the above quotes make a pretty good ID, and the following statement more than a little illogical......

Because of the company STILL owing me money it's best if i remain anonymous. I think the other crew members posting on this thread feel the same way as well.

ScubaPal:
...the 2 very well that left on sunday night, and (I) even ended up staying with them we we got kicked off in themiddle of the night left on an island...

There's now a second ID now made easily available to revenge by the "tardy paymaster".

The stated reason for anonymity just makes my head twitch. :demented:

I have no misgivings about my upcoming Nekton Rorqual trip.

While it sounds like the bong was a huge straw and the other incidences each contributed, but what actually broke the camel's back is the Captain. Having sailed with him, Cpt Nelson, Tucker, and Dan (a last minute fill-in years ago), he was my least favorite in as far as instilling a professional demeanor on board.

I imagine things would have been handled very differently had this been Captain Nelson instead.

What is so funny???:mooner:

The part about the finest diving in the world and that I told you. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

You have some imagination.

the luggage was never stored in the laundry room. they were in a guest cabin before getting dropped off and they're luggage was in their cabin with them. theres no way luggage would fit in the laundry room especially on a turn around day. i understnd that the drug test was brought up by someone else but because of your source you decided to tell everyone that it was a crew members bong. The crew is my family and i have an issue with you giving our crew a bad name. I came on here to set people straight because i was not happy at all with being reffered to as "drug addicted crew members". I have never done drugs in my life nor do i associate my self with people who do. i would greatly appreciate it if you would quite referring to the crew as drug addicts when there is still no proof that there was even pot on board.

You forget, i've been in the laundry room on both boats. I know the sizes of both laundrty rooms, their layouts, and where the cleaning supplies are stored. To claim that there is not enough room to store one couple's luggage/belongings for one night is pretty silly. Maybe the readers on this board and guests don't know the size, but I do. I also know that this is designated a "crew only" area of the boat which significantly decreases the possibility of the bong belonging to a guest. Why would a guest hide it there? It makes no sense. It makes a lot more sense to keep it in their own cabin, hidden in their own luggage.

Never said "all" crew members were "drug addicted", in fact, I don't even believe pot is addictive. Some crew members decided not to take the test, which you have to admit looks suspicious, even more so after a bong was found onboard. The problem, is that you are assuming I am accusing you personally, which I am not. I am also not accusing you personally of drinking onboard, although I have heard from more than one source that DMs were drinking in their cabins. Does this make it true--absolutely not, but no one has denied that it occurred (or that it was addressed in the crew meeting prior to the week in question).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom