Nekton Rorqual 7/25/09 - 8/1/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Shasta Man... I am STILL waiting for a response to my emails from last week. Nothing as of today! I think I'll start preparing a letter with a little more umph! :)

Debby... I wanna hear all about it. I am sure you had a fabulous time, I know I did the last two times I was on the Pilot.

I'm thinking tltracy is strictly and rightly interested in a unilaterally agreeable solution now. :) Kudos to her for continuing to try to make it work. Her opinion and future dollars are hinging on something as simple as mere communication right now. Wow, scheduling trips between hurricane seasons is tough! Perhaps that's another reason why doing business is so difficult. Constantly dealing with weather related rebates must kill the ability to move forward and count on revenue.

And remember everybody, as even Cappy will likely agree, it's the trips AFTER the first one after the refit that will start to show the payoff as it still takes time to iron out the kinks. Though thinking logically, after the company pays the big bucks for the repairs, the crew could suffer since it seems they don't always have cash for both.

I always recommend against the trips that immediately follow shipyard and the trips that are very early for a scheduled new itinerary. Mechanical kinks after shipyard, human kinks immediately after starting a new itinerary (incomplete briefings, difficulty finding mooring pins, etc.).

I admit that I tired of this thread on about page 6 and have not read it all but need to add this recent experience.

I was on with a group of ten two weeks after the trip that started this thread. There was no indication of the problems mentioned except there were a lot of new crew. If the Captain had a favorite crew member it was not hard to figure out who it was but it did not deem to have an impact on assignments that we saw.

The diving was good of not great and the trip safe and comfortable as dive trips go. They had some boat issues as might be expected two weeks before their three week scheduled boat yard stay.

The crew was young but everything was handled professionally. They do not know how to make beds but I can live with that.

I could go on but this thread is already too long.

This was my 6th trip with Nekton and I will go again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom