Nekton Rorqual 7/25/09 - 8/1/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I know what you mean about worrying about the weather. I leave on the Pilot this Saturday, and I hope that depression just off Africa does not develop into anything. It looks like "Danny" will be long gone by next week.

diverdoug1 XXXOOO. I sent you a pm that tells who I am.

Last edited:
Ok.. I've been reading this entire thread and just need to put my 2 cents in, on kind of unrelated, but related subject.

First of all let me say, that I previously went on two itineraries with Nekton, the Northern Bahamas and the Cay Sal Bank, several years ago. I had a fabulous time with no drama whatsoever (that I can remember).

I was supposed to go on my third trip with Nekton last week (8/15 - 8/22) - but unfortunatly we got blown out by the Tropical Storms Ana and Bill. This trip was with a group that had gotten blown out previously a couple of years ago by Hurricane Dennis. Everyone from that trip (Dennis trip) received vouchers for 50% off their next trip (for them and a guest). This was the 50% off trip. :depressed:

Now since we got blown out again Nekton is offering us 1 year to use our 100% voucher to rebook any trip. Apparently the Pilot is down until April... which leaves only the Rorqual to use until then.

B***it... :confused: I want a refund of my money. Who's to say this company is even going to be in business in a year and there it goes... we've lost our money for our trip.

I sent Nekton an email earlier this week (Monday), having heard NOTHING from them, I again sent it Wednesday and here it is Friday, still nothing from them. :shakehead:

Hence my rant after reading all these posts... I obviously am never going to see my money returned to me.

I guess my next email... No, make that letter, will come from my attorney to obtain my refund.

Sorry for getting off topic...

Don't know what you mean when you say the Pilot is down until April, It is in the Cay Sal Bank right now, and I am going on a trip with them to the northern Bahamas tomorrow. Also, I don't think that Nekton has a legal obligation to refund your money if the cancelation was due to weather (not sure). I had most of my dive days cancelled when I was on the Pilot last year during hurricane Fay, and got an $800 credit (I don't think they had to do this). I hope you are wrong about the Pilot being out of comission, but I will call to make sure. :confused:

That's what we were told by a rep from Nekton when our group was trying to rebook (unless I misunderstood something) but here is their schedule for the Pilot for the rest of the year:

Schedule

Now after reading other posts I hear there were "engine" problems that canceled our trip, not the weather?! If I put 2 and 2 together with the Pilot schedule and our cancellation, would make sense to me?!

I just spoke with the Nekton office, boy I am relieved. The Pilot is going out tomorrow. The Pilot is having its engines changed, and WILL be out of comission till APRIL, BUT it will finish its itineraries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom