Nekton (Bad News)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Don - I'm glad to hear you had a great trip! We're not discontinuing the Bahamas itinerary, we just aren't there year-round. We run about 15 or so weeks there during the spring and early summer, and then head back to the NE Caribbean. We'll be doing the same next year. The costs in the Bahamas are much higher than in other areas, but as you saw, the diving in the Southern Bahamas is worth it -

Best,

- Clay

Don- Sounds like you had a good amount of the same crew on your boat that we had last year. Rachel, Dave, Demi and I think Brett was on our boat too. Was Jane your cook? As much turnaround as liveaboards probably have, it's encouraging to see so many of the same crew on board. Were you on the boat that just saw Dolphins & a white tip shark? I'm jealous if you did, I just read that on their facebook page!

I'm going into liveaboard withdrawal, reading all these posts....

UnderwaterBumbleBee,

Yes Jane was also still on the boat. she's a pretty good cook. She's getting ready to go on land rotation soon and it looks like Dave will be cooking again.

Yes, I was on the boat that saw the dolphins and white tip. Also saw pilot whales right next to the boat when on San Salvador. I jumped in second after Brett and turned around to see an oceanic white tip 5 feet from me. Couldn't get a frontal picture but got a pretty good pict of him veering off. Got my heart pounding. It made up for not seeing the hammerheads that everyone else seemed to see all week.

I have been reading this thread and feeling for all who have had their trips cancelled so when I saw this I thought I would pass it along.

Aggressor Fleet is pleased to announce that they are honoring unfulfilled reservations made by Nekton Diving Cruises customers for Nekton charters after May 20, 2010. Nekton Diving Cruises ceased operations on May 17, 2010.

Divers formally scheduled to vacation aboard Nekton vessels after May 20 may apply any payments made to Nekton toward future charters aboard the Belize Aggressor III, Cayman Aggressor IV, Turks & Caicos Aggressor II and Utila Aggressor. Customers will only be responsible for paying any price difference between what they paid for their original Nekton reservation (includes fees) and the new Aggressor Fleet reservation.

Upon making a reservation, guests should submit a copy of the invoice and proof of payment. Anyone who had a canceled reservation prior to May 20th should email info@aggressor.com.

I hope this goes towards getting you on a trip and experiencing some great diving:)

I have been reading this thread and feeling for all who have had their trips cancelled so when I saw this I thought I would pass it along.

Aggressor Fleet is pleased to announce that they are honoring unfulfilled reservations made by Nekton Diving Cruises customers for Nekton charters after May 20, 2010. Nekton Diving Cruises ceased operations on May 17, 2010.

Divers formally scheduled to vacation aboard Nekton vessels after May 20 may apply any payments made to Nekton toward future charters aboard the Belize Aggressor III, Cayman Aggressor IV, Turks & Caicos Aggressor II and Utila Aggressor. Customers will only be responsible for paying any price difference between what they paid for their original Nekton reservation (includes fees) and the new Aggressor Fleet reservation.

Upon making a reservation, guests should submit a copy of the invoice and proof of payment. Anyone who had a canceled reservation prior to May 20th should email info@aggressor.com.

I hope this goes towards getting you on a trip and experiencing some great diving:)

This was mentioned in post #224 http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cruises-liveaboards-charter-boats/333413-nekton-bad-news-23.html

EV Aggressor and Dancer have all stepped up:)

For those of you who either cannot afford additional out-of-pocket costs (or choose not to) for the generous offers of other liveaboard companies, please notify the following agencies, at your earliest convenience or on the date your trip was scheduled, regarding your lack of response, service, and refund from Nekton Diving Cruises:
Florida Attorney General - Home Page - click on Consumer Protection, on-line complaint form
Better Business Bureau serving Southeast Florida and the Caribbean - click on BBB consumers, file a complaint
Fort Lauderdale Police Department -954-828-5700 (police, non-emergency, 24 hour)
I did all three - hope you will do the same.

I've never had any faith in the Better Business Bureau... as it's funded by the companies in question by their paid membership.

I've used the BBB I think twice to file a complaint on where a business tried to scam us, and each time they came out with judgement with the paying member business.

in Reference to Nekton and the BBB.... look. zero complaints against them.

see BBB Review of Nekton Dive Cruise - Cruise Lines - Fort Lauderdale , FL

well it appears that Nekton owners are reading this thread.

They have now updated their website with two posts from this thread. I mean it's a perfect "cut/paste" from here.

this post from Clay at Explorer Adventures http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5247018-post163.html

and the other one from the Aggressor offer.

I was pretty sure they were reading all along, but didn't have the balls to post and update their customers who had paid money and their trips were in Limbo and trying to figure out if they needed to make airline reservations or not... :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom