Nekton (Bad News)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're welcome Skydiver - unfortunatley for me, Bank of America customer service doesn't seem to understand how their Check Fraud division works. The Check Fraud people told me they'll only cover checks that are forged, counterfeit, or otherwise fradulent. If I wrote a check, signed it, and paid a business - there's no check fraud involved. So, I'm out of $$ along with everyone else. Same for Wachovia for my wife. And to make matters worse, they also came out and said they wouldn't cover the debit card down payment, because it was over 60 days.

And ... it just seems like most every trip insurance we look at does not cover the tour operator going out of business.

Is anyone making any progress getting trip insurance claims accepted & paid?

- PC

Same for Wachovia for my wife.

- PC

Well... it was wort a shot. It's Wachovia that I'm dealing with as well. I called the branch and one of the ladies there started working on it and said "I'll call you back by lunch tomorrow (Thursday)". I called here Thursday around closing when she didn't get back in touch and got "I just haven't heard back from someone I left a message with, so that's why I haven't called YOU back yet. I'll call you tomorrow when I hear something." Sure enough, no call Friday. Maybe dealing with the Nekton has made me bitter, but I'm guessing she just doesn't want to give me the bad news and is hoping I'll forget the matter. I'll wait a day or two and start rattling her cage again. Hell, at this point it IS just like hearing nothing from the Nekton: I'd rather have bad news than no news at all.

Deep breath in, and out. Screw it, it's time to start getting in the mood for a great week on the CEII...

Ike aka "who wanted to retire anyway"

Skydiver, I talked to Clay this weekend with Explorer Ventures. I think he said Captain Ian is on the CEXII and he was an awesome captain! Nicest guy, good sense of humor! Plus, you should have Demi on that boat and you'll meet no one else quite like him!

Hi guys. I just got back last night from the CEII. JF is captaining the boat. He was talking about a couple of Nekton guys who were going to be on in a couple of weeks. Guess it was you Skydiver.

Yes, Demi is on the boat. He is great. I gave extra tips to him, Dave and Brett. All 3 are excellent dive masters. Rachel is the purser. She is a lot of fun as well.

The itinerary is a lot of fun. Dramatic walls on Conception and San Salvador. The shark dive on Friday was a lot of fun as well.

Don't count on getting the 28 dives you requested. JF wasn't very interested in changing the dive schedule. Getting 26 is a lot and my legs are letting me know. I actually did 27 dives as I caught up with Dive Exuma on Saturday morning. It was supposed to be a 2 tank dive but the wind kept them close to shore.

Don

Skydiver, I talked to Clay this weekend with Explorer Ventures. I think he said Captain Ian is on the CEXII and he was an awesome captain! Nicest guy, good sense of humor! Plus, you should have Demi on that boat and you'll meet no one else quite like him!

Now, no fair, next time you're going to have to tell me who you are on SB!

Both JF and Ian are excellent - JF's on board through end July while Ian takes a well-deserved break. And Demi's a hoot - if you haven't fanned up with us on FB, take a look at some of the videos he's posted there, and on Youtube. He'll be moving over to the Turks boat soon, however.

- Clay

(back at home for 12 hours and studiously avoiding contributing to the tangents in this thread 'cuz you probably don't want to get me started)

I have been on both the Blackbeard and the Aqua Cat. Loved them both. Loved the Blackbead better when it was docked in Florida. But if you don't camping, then the Blackbeard is not for you. Aqua Cat is fantastic, neither of them change there itinerary though.

Clay,

I just returned from the CEXII trip. I won't go into a trip report here. Sufficed to say, however, you run an excellent organization and it shows from the boat and its captain right down to the assistant engineer. JF treated us like family all week. The crew played Pictionary and other games all week with us. They ate with us and dove with us. They watched out for us under water and made sure we were always safe, even under some difficult diving conditions on Conception. I can't say enough about Brett, Demi and Dave. I certainly have never met any one more safety conscience than Brett or more interesting than Demi.

I'm sorry to hear you are discontinuing the Bahamas itinerary in July but fully understand the cost of doing business in the Bahamas versus St. Martin. The reefs on Conception and San Salvador are pristine and awe inspiring. Perhaps you may once again place a vessel in the area.

I am looking forward to booking the T&C II soon.

Don Healy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom