Nekton (Bad News)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From Diver to diver

"Thanks to DocV for bringing this string of posts to my attention. Sorry for the delay in answering as I rarely get to stop by much these days. I left Nekton almost 3 years ago and am happily working for a wonderful company that is dive related in many ways. It's very sad to see the continued decline of the company and product that, in my opinion, started years ago. There have been many wonderful and caring people working for Nekton over the years, people that were responsible for that memorable experience that you hear about in spite of the challenges they faced. General advice for any person travelling any where with any operation - Pay with your credit card - don't be tempted to use cash or check to save a little bit. The credit card company can protect you in case you are not provided services for which you have paid. Just saying.....

Best wishes to all and Happy Diving!
Pam (who is still in Paradise)

Let me be the first to tell you that they are done!
They just laid Jeff B off and he said they're done.
For the record, I always respected and liked Jeff B.

Jeff is one of the very good guys. He is kind and sweet and thoughtful and loyal to a fault. He is one of the people that I witnessed going way above and beyond anything imaginable to make sure the guests got to take the trip they had paid for during the time I was with the company. To have his loyalty and sacrifices go for naught is so very sad. If anyone needs an amazing employee, you should reach out to Jeff. He deserves to land in a job that will reward him for all his hard work and sacrifices...Oh the stories I could tell....

My life was made better by knowing him. (Gosh, this sounds like a memorial service or something). Anyway, good luck Jeff!

Jeff is one of the very good guys. He is kind and sweet and thoughtful and loyal to a fault. He is one of the people that I witnessed going way above and beyond anything imaginable to make sure the guests got to take the trip they had paid for during the time I was with the company. To have his loyalty and sacrifices go for naught is so very sad. If anyone needs an amazing employee, you should reach out to Jeff. He deserves to land in a job that will reward him for all his hard work and sacrifices...Oh the stories I could tell....

My life was made better by knowing him. (Gosh, this sounds like a memorial service or something). Anyway, good luck Jeff!

Jeff trained me as a crewember when I was a brand new instructor, right our of Prodive (1995). I worked with Jeff for almost 10 years at Nekton and he was truly an inspiration. Dang, this is also sounding like another eulogy. The great thing is that I know he will land on his feet wherever he ends up. An incredibly hard worker with a great sense of humor is incredibly hard to find.

We went to the Long Beach Scuba Show today to talk to Nekton since we can't get through when we call (we only get the answering machine). They are listed in the program but they did NOT SHOW UP.

I called every day last week with no answer, and left messages with no returned calls. My husband and I were booked on the 5/22 trip. I have email twice with no response either. After reading all of these posts, I will kicking myself for not getting trip insurance!!

I called every day last week with no answer, and left messages with no returned calls. My husband and I were booked on the 5/22 trip. I have email twice with no response either. After reading all of these posts, I will kicking myself for not getting trip insurance!!

I will admit, I'm not very savvy on trip insurance but couldn't you still buy it?

Trip insurance with cancellation for any reason has to be purchased within 15 to 30 days from the date of booking. I have been looking into this as we have a group of 8 booked on the June 12the June 12th trip.

Trip insurance with cancellation for any reason has to be purchased within 15 to 30 days from the date of booking. I have been looking into this as we have a group of 8 booked on the June 12the June 12th trip.

Different policies have different rules. There are numerous companies selling trip or travel insurance. It is probably too late for people to buy insurance that would cover a bankruptcy and perhaps too late altogether but it wouldn't hurt to check around. Perhaps one of us is an insurance person. Places to start:

itravelinsured
travelguard
dan

others may know of different companies to suggest

If it were me I would be asking the claims department...if I have a trip booked and I deposited the trip _____months ago and the supplier fails to provide me the trip I paid for, is this a reimburseable claim. Tell them you have concerns about whether the boat will be back in the water in time and you also have concerns about whether the company will cooperate with providing documentation for filing a claim.

Get the name and ask for an email back up if they says yes it is reimburseable and no the supplier doesn't have to cooperate to be reimburseable. Then buy baby buy.

If anyone finds insurance that will cover this, please post the companies information.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom