Negative entry vs Using a downline

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, TC, the "asinine" thing for where we store gear is because we believe in this thing called a 'team'. Its standardized so everyone knows what everyones got and where to find it. Not rocket surgery.

Guys,
I don't know a lick about George Irvine, but this guys sounds like he knows his stuff:

BAUE George Irvine Lecture

....and this guys sounds like a real douche: As the BBS Turns fix - From George Irvine III:

Are they the same guy? And I gather he's is no longer living? I couldn't find an obit.

The BBS Turns has quotes that are so far out of context, there is no way for them to make sense if you did not read them when they were originally in the discussions...in the full posts....

Seriously... Yes, George could say things that were hard to deal with for JJ and the others sometimes, but nothing like the way the out of context lines here are.....

If it came down to it...it would be possible to reconstruct each line from this, and to show how and why....It would be far more time consuming that I would want to attempt.
Pick a couple of lines, and maybe that would be a fair way to run with this.

The BBS Turns has quotes that are so far out of context, there is no way for them to make sense if you did not read them when they were originally in the discussions...in the full posts....

Seriously... Yes, George could say things that were hard to deal with for JJ and the others sometimes, but nothing like the way the out of context lines here are.....

If it came down to it...it would be possible to reconstruct each line from this, and to show how and why....It would be far more time consuming that I would want to attempt.
Pick a couple of lines, and maybe that would be a fair way to run with this.

Nah, not required. Everyone has two sides to them. I was just curious as to the basis for your guys to keep bashing at one other...:wink:

I have no dog in this fight, and while I can certainly shake my head at some of the over-the-top back and forth that apparently happened at that point in the caving community, I can see some good points to the DIR approach.

Would I ever adopt the entire philosophy? I don't think I know enough to make that decision. But I can see much of the logic on gear placement and consistency across a team. And yes, I'm left handed. ;-)

And yes, I'm left handed. ;-)

Oh yeah? Well I'm a long haired over-fed leaping gnome who could be in a Hollywood movie!

Guys, how did George die?

The spewing at a dead person, would have been trying to ensure that his 100 man team, and his friends in tech and cave, did not see the death as just an "accident", but rather, the obvious result of an error that none of them could allow themselves to make. This would include a rule number one violation, like any diving with someone like Jim Bowden, who George considered to be the most responsible "Stroke" in the death of Sheck Exley.....

George was really big at finding people responsible for the death of others. He blames Jim Bowden for Exley's death. Let's see, the two of them did totally independent dives of each other; they just did them at the same time. Why was Bowden responsible? Oh, wait--didn't he also say that Bret Gilliam was responsible for the death of Exley? Isn't that why he was justified in calling Gilliam--who wasn't even in the country in which it happened--a murderer and making a death threat against him? But as long as were talking about George blaming people for the deaths of others, let's talk about his accusations against Bill Gavin, saying he was responsible for several people's deaths. Anyone who is interested should read Bill's outraged response here: Setting it straight

Oh yeah? Well I'm a long haired over-fed leaping gnome who could be in a Hollywood movie!

Guys, how did George die?
He is alive and well...He took over his Dad's business pipewelders

He has a lot of employees that worship the ground he walks on, despite what TC has to say. Roles and Reasons and Strategies and Threats. The whole thing may just be too complicated for discussion here.

---------- Post added April 7th, 2014 at 10:41 PM ----------

George was really big at finding people responsible for the death of others. He blames Jim Bowden for Exley's death. Let's see, the two of them did totally independent dives of each other; they just did them at the same time. Why was Bowden responsible? Oh, wait--didn't he also say that Bret Gilliam was responsible for the death of Exley? Isn't that why he was justified in calling Gilliam--who wasn't even in the country in which it happened--a murderer and making a death threat against him? But as long as were talking about George blaming people for the deaths of others, let's talk about his accusations against Bill Gavin, saying he was responsible for several people's deaths. Anyone who is interested should read Bill's outraged response here: Setting it straight

How about we knock off the George attacks....I am getting sick of this ****.
I thought SB was trying to be a kinder and gentler place. Nice Job mr moderator. And in case you did not notice, I have been trying NOT to attack anyone.

He is alive and well...He took over his Dad's business pipewelders

He has a lot of employees that worship the ground he walks on, despite what TC has to say. Roles and Reasons and Strategies and Threats. The whole thing may just be too complicated for discussion here.

Geesus - just when I thought the fog was parting, the plot gets thicker....

How about we knock off the George attacks....I am getting sick of this ****.
I thought SB was trying to be a kinder and gentler place. Nice Job mr moderator. And in case you did not notice, I have been trying NOT to attack anyone.

Got it. So in the kinder, gentler SB, no one is allowed to call you on it when you say something that is totally ridiculous. Is that how you see it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom