NEEDLE VALVES

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tks did you tried it in cold water using big drygloves? Knob look very tiny and it's between the 2 hoses ....
As I said before, if you can handle clips with your dry gloves, it should not be a problem to manipulate the needle. Like everything else, it is just about getting used to.
That being said, I don't understand why nobody (except KISS for a few units) doesn't come out with a bigger or at least more "touch -friendly" needle valve.
I used to dive that one and it was "easier" :)
Needle.jpg

No idea about Swagelok model?
I'm not sure the incentive of a mfg to share that information. The info is on the forums if you look around, but Chris Kennedy is probably the best person to ask.

No idea about Swagelok model?
I can't confirm which one Fathom uses but it is likely Swagelok SS-SS2. Like @grantctobin said though, they're probably not going to tell you exactly which one but it is highly unlikely that you will save any appreciable amount of money vs. buying one from Chris or Fathom.

Edit, the valve itself is going to cost you about $250 before you machine the block, so unless you have a machine shop or really want to mess with it, you'd be surprised at how little markup is really on those bits.

I'm not sure the incentive of a mfg to share that information. The info is on the forums if you look around, but Chris Kennedy is probably the best person to ask.

I couldn't find it on the forum and I'm asking here not to the mfg.
The needle valve in itself is a third-party product.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom