Need Waikiki advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bobyjimmie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am headed over to Waikiki in Hawaii the end of February and wondered if anyone could suggest a good dive boat to go out on over there. I can find plenty on the net but wanted to know if anyone had first hand experience with a dive boat they could recommend.

I dove with Justleesa and her Husband and had a great time, but dove from a few different boats, which were all great. I suggest checking in the Hawaii O'Hana forums below. Might get more responses.

Yes, you should post this on the Hawaii forums for better response. Dive Oahu is also another option.

I recenty did 4 charters with AAA Diving and had a great time. Nice big boat - with a head - with plenty of sun or plenty of shade, depending on what you wanted.

Captain Alex will tell you himself that he's a bit rough around the edges, but coming from NJ* I just consider that part of the overall charm of the operation!

*Regarding NJ dive boat captains:

Q: "How many NJ dive boat captains does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"
A: "**** YOU! GET THE **** OFF MY BOAT!"

Thanks for the move Justleesa and thanks for all the advice so far, keep it coming =D. Nice joke RJP. Anyone on Hickam or Pearl?

I just moved to Chicago from Hawaii a year ago (almost to the week). I lived In Kailua and dove primarily with Aaron's. "www.hawaii-scuba.com". Loved the instructors there and even though I lilked to their shop to get the van ride down to the boats, they pick you up if your staying in Waikiki hotels.

I used to do an Air Evac rotation to Hickam all the time when I was in the Air Force, just seeing if anyone out there wanted to hook up for a dive or something when I was out there.

Back
Top Bottom