Need to buy Eggcrate foam rubber mattress pad in Cozumel!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
The beds were entirely too hard at two different resorts I've tried there, and I expect the one I'm goin gto next month will also have the same. Hard mattresses last longer.

I like a soft mattress, though. I know there's not a Walmart there. Anyone know where I can pick up one of these on arrival...?

thanks! don :nighty:

dandydon:
The beds were entirely too hard at two different resorts I've tried there, and I expect the one I'm goin gto next month will also have the same. Hard mattresses last longer.

I like a soft mattress, though. I know there's not a Walmart there. Anyone know where I can pick up one of these on arrival...?

thanks! don :nighty:

There is a Walmart like store in town across the street from Plaza Las Glorias. I believe it is called Chedraui or something like that.

Chedraui is a great store for a lot of things including food and liquor. Great cheese counter.Decent wine.You could also take a backpacking mattress which would not have to be purchased anew each trip.In case you are not familiar with them they are light compact and inflate when you open the valve. You force the air out of them when its time to return. BTW I read one of your posts about diving the other side of Coz. Both times I drove over there it was rough. Pick a sturdy boat this time and do a DR went you get back.

I noticed the same thing when I was there the first time, so I looked around for a place that had "real" beds. I found that, as well as a few good friends at the Flamingo Hotel. I just love the place. It is about the same standard as Scuba Club. I like the location as well. If you stay there you won't have to buy the foam eggcrate, as the beds are already very comfortable.
If you'd like some more information I can give it to you.

There are at least 5 stores in Cozumel that sell mattresses. Chedraui is the one mentioned by Ron Rosa and may be the best choice. On ave A.R. Salas and ave 20 is "Electra". Electra has cheaper mattresses and those tend to be softer. I don't recall anyone that carries an eggshell pad.

Good luck,

Dave Dillehay

I have orthopaedic issues with my hips and need a softer bed. First year I took a backpacking mattress with me (ThermaRest). The last two years I've taken a "section" of eggcrate with me. I purchased a twin size eggcrate at home....spread it out on the livingroom floor and then proceeded to lay down on it. My buddy then cut out the section around my torso to a decent fit. I then use this piece of eggcrate to cradle my cave light-head, canister, batteries and charger....roll up the light etc in the egg crate....secure with rubberbands and then wrap it up in your wetsuit......unroll on arrival, use your light and sleep on your eggcrate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom