need suggestions on double tank BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would have to agree with Roakey on this one.

I dive double 104's with a single steel 46 deco bottle. I've got no problem controlling buoyancy.

I don't anticipate that anything will change when I add the second stage.

Without starting a flame war, is there a reason besides Roak's why such large bladders are recommended.

Arduous once bubbled...
Check all the other threads about BC’s and you’ll be hard pressed to find just one BC thread that doesn’t mention BP/Wing. This is definitely a pro BP & Wing board.

Arduous,

You loose 1,000 points for being a knucklehead. :bonk:

The OMS Dual Bledder, I mean bladder, that wazza recommended is also referred to as a wing as in back plate and wing, it bolts to a back plate. Therefore he was recommending a BP&W. Before you engage in a battle of wits with a DIR fanatic, make sure you’re armed.:D

Mike

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...
I would have to agree with Roakey on this one.

I dive double 104's with a single steel 46 deco bottle. I've got no problem controlling buoyancy.

I don't anticipate that anything will change when I add the second stage.

Without starting a flame war, is there a reason besides Roak's why such large bladders are recommended.
..is the only other reason I have heard stated in favor of the big wings (some of them have 2 bladders and two inflators). Someone argued once that carrying three steel stages necessitated a larger wing and that they needed steel stages to get decent fills from their K bottles without a booster. I haven't heard any others, but I guess in lieu of carrying my 40# lift bag with my 40# wing I could just wear a 100# wing (steeped in sarcasm..).

In this country it's about want! Nobody recomended anything. I dive what I want, as do you I suspect. Your choices have been respectfully noted..................
Wreck/Tec

Wreck/Tec once bubbled...
In this country it's about want! Nobody recomended anything. I dive what I want, as do you I suspect. Your choices have been respectfully noted..................
Wreck/Tec
...and you are right, Halcyon is the only sensible choice out there. I'm glad we got that straightened out.
:D

leadweight once bubbled...
Buy two single tank BC's :)
That reminds me...we were in VA beach and a guy had double AL80s with a jacket style single tank BC. They weren't manifolded, but were strapped together with some of those cam band type things. He had one of them cam banded to the BC and the other sat there like a giant pony.

Buy a Ranger LTD and a backplate. The Ranger can accomodate two tanks AND if you decide you like the backplate, you can detach the bladder and attach to Zeagle's ne BP for two tanks and use the Ranger LTD for a single.

Craig

Northeastwrecks
I apologise if I was hasty or abrupt, that wasn't my intention I assure you. Some get a little close to the bone with their opinions. As for my reasons, I honestly bought it because I couldn't afford the double bladder in the beginning. I got the 98s, harness and BP, two Jet Streams, long hose, and manifold all at one time. I was tapped out! Then I got an idea. I started to do jobs underwater. Little ones at first, finding things, bringing them back! I didn't own a lift bag then, couldn't afford it. The 100 was my lift bag for awhile. I moved alot of things in those days with it. I realize it's not a lift mechanism, but I paid alot of bills with it. That wing is still serving me well today. Over kill, well by some standards yes. I use what I need, I use the elastometric bands. The air shift is too much with out them. I'm throughly pleased with my gear though. I don't know much about formulas, weight, and such, it just works for me. I don't know what else to say.
Wreck/Tec

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom