Need some help, please, with Mexican travel documents......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the tourist card print the receipt too. They often ask for verification that the fee was paid. 0-7 days are free.. 8-180 days cost about $25.

With the tourist card print the receipt too. They often ask for verification that the fee was paid. 0-7 days are free.. 8-180 days cost about $25.

What receipt? There is no fee to fill out a tourist card online. If there is, you're on a 3rd party site charging a processing fee for something the govt offers free. For air travel, the tourist visa is included in the fare. I've never ever been asked for any kind of "receipt".

What receipt? There is no fee to fill out a tourist card online. If there is, you're on a 3rd party site charging a processing fee for something the govt offers free. For air travel, the tourist visa is included in the fare. I've never ever been asked for any kind of "receipt".

Hello @ReefHound. I think your version is spot on.

Perhaps visitors who plan to stay in Mexico for an extended visit (multiple months) are required to purchase special documentation--I have no experience/knowledge in that regard.

I drive into Mexico most times so there is no built-in fee added to a ticket. Mexico allows you to stay for 7 days or less for free. Anything from 8-180 days, the visa costs 500 pesos (about $25) weather you pay it at the immigration office or on the Mexican government website. When you drive in to Mexico you get in line for a visa. If over 7 days they send you to stand in line at the Bajercito to pay the visa fee. AFTER you get a receipt that the fee is paid, you go get back in line at the visa office to get your visa and passport stamped.

A few years ago we applied for visas and paid the fee on the website thinking we could save time standing in the second line but we failed to print the receipt. The immigration officer said we had visa forms but no proof we paid the fee. We ended up paying it a second time.

Since you are flying in, the airline probably added the visa fee already. You said you had already printed yours so I assumed you had to pay the fee when you did that.

I drive into Mexico most times so there is no built-in fee added to a ticket. Mexico allows you to stay for 7 days or less for free. Anything from 8-180 days, the visa costs 500 pesos (about $25) weather you pay it at the immigration office or on the Mexican government website. When you drive in to Mexico you get in line for a visa. If over 7 days they send you to stand in line at the Bajercito to pay the visa fee. AFTER you get a receipt that the fee is paid, you go get back in line at the visa office to get your visa and passport stamped.

A few years ago we applied for visas and paid the fee on the website thinking we could save time standing in the second line but we failed to print the receipt. The immigration officer said we had visa forms but no proof we paid the fee. We ended up paying it a second time.

Since you are flying in, the airline probably added the visa fee already. You said you had already printed yours so I assumed you had to pay the fee when you did that.

Well, 99.9% of people going to Coz are flying so you were projecting an extreme exception to a general case.

I've crossed by land about a dozen times but not since 2012. I think the border zone exception is no more. Yes, I've been to the 4 separate lines in Nvo Laredo to get a friggin' tourist visa (and TPP). Just one line at Colombia or Piedras Negras though.

Flying in, you can fill it out online or fill it out on the plane. No fee either way. I've never seen a single peso or dollar change hands at the immigration counter in CUN or CZM.

Well, 99.9% of people going to Coz are flying so you were projecting an extreme exception to a general case.

I realize that most people don't drive to COZ. But he printed a two week immigration card. I didn't think the website would even let you do that without paying the fee. All I was saying was if he paid a fee already he needs the receipt or he's going to be paying it twice.

Is that new? I know tons of people that fly in and get 6 months. Ours were always 6 months for free before we got PR cards. Now I could see some person jacking people for a kickback, since staying 6 months at a time instead of getting a resident card is a MX tradition.

Now in the last several months they have started looking for some of the visa overstays at check point and such. I guess like 'ok, vaccines are out, covid isnt so bad, get out and come back with a new one'

Is that new? I know tons of people that fly in and get 6 months. Ours were always 6 months for free before we got PR cards.

Sorry. I was referring to the FMM card as the visa. Technically up 180-day visa is free. But the FMM (Forma Migratoria Múltiple) that everyone must obtain in addition to the visa has a fee for stays over 7 days. As far as I know it always has.

Mexican Tourist Cards (FMM) 2021

But he printed a two week immigration card.,,,,,,,if he paid a fee already he needs the receipt or he's going to be paying it twice.

Hello @CycleCat, just to clarify for board members, @brownie is a "she".:wink: When I get my white hair trimmed really short (for hot summer weather) strangers (retail staff) will ask, "How can I help you, sir?":(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom